Thread: Today's Twitter

Today's Twitter

I joined Twitter in 2013 when I set up my business, but never used it. Started using it more in the last 12-18 months and it can be galling, but sometimes I just see things that make me laugh.

So this thread is meant to be for such things - light-hearted mirth inspired by this I've just seen.

https://twitter.com/SonyKapoor/statu...00582629683201
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    I joined Twitter in 2013 when I set up my business, but never used it. Started using it more in the last 12-18 months and it can be galling, but sometimes I just see things that make me laugh.

So this thread is meant to be for such things - light-hearted mirth inspired by this I've just seen.

https://twitter.com/SonyKapoor/statu...00582629683201
    Thanks for posting that
    Am Yisrael Chai

I have never been on Twitter and have no plans to do so.

In the last couple of years I have noticed that more and more TV programmes, especially sporting ones, have straplines or sidebands obscuring the screen with comments on Twitter, by someone, usually a has been or a celeb, commenting on what I am watching.

Why do TV producers think I am interested in what these people think. If I wanted their drivel I'd join Twitter.

A more accurate name for it would be Twatter!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

I think i commented elsewhere on the forum... is it something like only 5% of the population used twitter (is that UK, European, or worldwide population?)

It gets way too much influence on mainstream media platforms... appears to do so mainly because it is inhabited by the rich and famous, the media industry, and people who want to push a political viewpoint (of all persuasions). It's easy for the BBC to use as they have instant access to a celebrity quote, or in cases such as the BBC, what i assume they would describe as a "range of viewpoints".

Needless to say, i'm not on it (being neither rich, famous, a journalist, nor possessing any extreme views of a political persuasion... except no GPS in fell races)

Twitter can be a maelstrom of abuse or a haven of amusement.

Thanks for sharing that WP. Lol

As a rich, famous, media-type with a political agenda, I am forced to be on Twitter.

PS. I can recommend @grumpyskeletor. Puerile genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    I have never been on Twitter and have no plans to do so.

In the last couple of years I have noticed that more and more TV programmes, especially sporting ones, have straplines or sidebands obscuring the screen with comments on Twitter, by someone, usually a has been or a celeb, commenting on what I am watching.

Why do TV producers think I am interested in what these people think. If I wanted their drivel I'd join Twitter.

A more accurate name for it would be Twatter!
    Not often we share a point of view (apart from how lovely Mid Wales is), but I'm with you on this one Llani!

To be honest I don’t really expect many on the forum to like or to even have tried Twitter. It’s a really deep pond to dive into and anybody can follow you and you can follow anybody. So any first dive in makes you feel like a very small grain of sand on a massive beach and your first impression is usually utter confusion.

But... there is so much there, really to please any single thing you like. Film for instance or nature or wild life or history or fell running or mountain running or ultra running or fans of pretty much anything you can think of to be honest. And some of the most brilliantly funny people and funny things ever. (The cat or dog videos on Twitter blow those on Facebook out of the water )

Okay there’s also another side. The political stuff can be dangerous because it’s so easy to follow people that have exact same views as you (or worse) and totally ignore any opposing views. So be wary of falling into to one sided silos if you can
    Last edited by Fellbeast; 22-11-2020 at 08:19 PM.

If you liked the first one, you'll appreciate this one. Top editing here I have to say

https://twitter.com/i/status/1330846933695553541
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell