Thread: Graphene

Graphene

Turns out it's even more amazing than Inov8 make out ...

https://phys.org/news/2020-11-losses...-graphene.html

It all sounds very clever. In fact, far too clever. I lost it on the second paragraph.

Quote Originally Posted by benshep View Post
    Turns out it's even more amazing than Inov8 make out ...

https://phys.org/news/2020-11-losses...-graphene.html
    So my inov-8s will be, like, lighter and I'll have more...erm... light energy.. right? Way to go Those Ruskies get full marx, again.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    By the way it read to me, it could mean smaller batteries, and it could mean more efficient solar panels
    I can just see the posts on this forum in 12 months' time. "Where are all those smaller batteries and more efficient solar panels that the physicists from MIPT and Vladimir State University predicted would be in widespread use by the end of 2021? Why anyone takes seriously anything those so-called 'experts' from MIPT say is beyond me. They have a long track record of wilfully misleading the public. And as for that Marco guy, helping to spread their selective and out of context propaganda ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    So my inov-8s will be, like, lighter and I'll have more...erm... light energy.. right? Way to go Those Ruskies get full marx, again.
    It might mean that they will not only be lighter but have built in lights so no need to wear a headtorch!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    It might mean that they will not only be lighter but have built in lights so no need to wear a headtorch!
    'Shine-a-light', it gets better and better. I love progress, me
    Am Yisrael Chai

Quote Originally Posted by Flem View Post
    I can just see the posts on this forum in 12 months' time. "Where are all those smaller batteries and more efficient solar panels that the physicists from MIPT and Vladimir State University predicted would be in widespread use by the end of 2021? Why anyone takes seriously anything those so-called 'experts' from MIPT say is beyond me. They have a long track record of wilfully misleading the public. And as for that Marco guy, helping to spread their selective and out of context propaganda ..."

Indeed. Things take time. I very clearly remember Michael Rodd showing off a hydrogen fuel cell car in the early 70's on Tomorrows World..it stuck in my memory because he put a paper cup under the exhaust, collected the emissions and drank them...pure water of course! Whither the hydrogen car now, 50 years later??
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Indeed. Things take time. I very clearly remember Michael Rodd showing off a hydrogen fuel cell car in the early 70's on Tomorrows World..it stuck in my memory because he put a paper cup under the exhaust, collected the emissions and drank them...pure water of course! Whither the hydrogen car now, 50 years later??
    And he lived to tell the tale.

He's now 76!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    And he lived to tell the tale.

He's now 76!
    Golly Gosh. Really very old!
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".