Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Prolific Forumites

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    I'll have to stop cutting off my nose to spite my face
    You're not alone on that, LB. I've completely removed myself from Facebook as it (the platform not the content) annoys me too much.

I’m not a great user of f/b nowadays but it is really good for running club stuff, races and events. And keeping in touch with running and outdoor adventure chums. On a more mundane note it’s also an easy way to keep in touch with family. And of course, super importantly, it’s the best place for race photos (usually of me gurning).

Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    I’m not a great user of f/b nowadays but it is really good for running club stuff, races and events. And keeping in touch with running and outdoor adventure chums. On a more mundane note it’s also an easy way to keep in touch with family. And of course, super importantly, it’s the best place for race photos (usually of me gurning).
    it occasionally keeps us in touch as well. As if we didn't see enough of each other here

I'll have to come up and have a plod with you one day Brian - if you can cope with my company for an hour or two - when regulations permit of course
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    it occasionally keeps us in touch as well. As if we didn't see enough of each other here

I'll have to come up and have a plod with you one day Brian - if you can cope with my company for an hour or two - when regulations permit of course
    That’d be good Richard. I know some great routes off the beaten track

Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    That’d be good Richard. I know some great routes off the beaten track
    No holding hands!��
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    You're not alone on that, LB. I've completely removed myself from Facebook as it (the platform not the content) annoys me too much.
    Same here. This is why i'd like the FRA to invest in a better forum with content related features that draw people back. The forum isn't all that useful for networking, and i think it's the networking features on FB that are the pull factor. The downside of my suggestion is that the FRA may become more responsible for what is posted on here, so members will need to be more responsible with what they post. I note that there is a disclaimer on the FB page, but not here, so there is liability involved.

If i ever make it to an AGM i'll get up and put my foot in my mouth, and also ask for the creation of a category B Championship so that load can be shifted off the main champs.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Same here. This is why i'd like the FRA to invest in a better forum with content related features that draw people back. The forum isn't all that useful for networking, and i think it's the networking features on FB that are the pull factor. The downside of my suggestion is that the FRA may become more responsible for what is posted on here, so members will need to be more responsible with what they post. I note that there is a disclaimer on the FB page, but not here, so there is liability involved.

If i ever make it to an AGM i'll get up and put my foot in my mouth, and also ask for the creation of a category B Championship so that load can be shifted off the main champs.
    I think the thing driving people away from the forums is the quality of the posts! We need to try harder.

Interesting idea of a category B champs.

When people refer to the "FB page" is that the Fell Running UK page or The Fell Runners Association page? Is the latter one private as I only see official looking posts there.

I find it really annoying how useful Facebook seems to be for some things as I have no intention of re-joining.
    Last edited by bigfella; 02-12-2020 at 08:53 PM.
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

Quote Originally Posted by bigfella View Post
    When people refer to the "FB page" is that the Fell Running UK page or The Fell Runners Association page? Is the latter one private as I only see official looking posts there.

I find it really annoying how useful Facebook seems to be for some things as I have no intention of re-joining.

The FB page people refer to is the Fell Runners UK page, which is not an official page, but most official type messages do generally end up on there, either by gossip or copied over there from the official page.

The Fell Runners Association page as you say is the official one, and rarely used but for official announcements.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    I think the thing driving people away from the forums is the quality of the posts! We need to try harder.

Interesting idea of a category B champs.
    The idea being that you have any suitable cat b counter on the same day as the champs counter. Hopefully it works out that you can have one at each length, but if a long isn't there then there's nothing you can do about it, just go with what you have. If they are on the same days it will stop people running both series and unload the champs.