david 5,174
    shaunaneto 4,734
    Multiterrainer 4,415
    Hes 3,969
    Swoop 3,934
    DazTheSlug 3,845
    Freckle 3,686
    The devil's own 3,654
    Molehill 3,515 (you are only 3,609 posts behind Wheeze)
    Fox Avatar "Protected" by Hester Cox - Printmaker

What’s interesting about that list is that I’m still in contact with 15 of them, who no longer post on here, through Instagram or Facebook or Strava. And one of which I actually met on the forum and got married to

I don’t want to open old wounds but the likes of Always Injured, stagger and the oracle between them put most of them off. This place is getting friendlier again though so maybe the forum will fly again

and Stagger should be in 5th - hope he's OK.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Some prolific forum names also not on the list...

Graham Breeze
    Tindersticks
    AnthonyKay
    MikeT must be getting there with his commitment to the Permitted Exercise thread.

Quote Originally Posted by XRunner View Post
    Most posts by forum members:-

Derby Tup 17,254
    stevefoster 17,182
    IanDarkpeak 13,001
    dominion 11,680
    daz h 10,750
    Witton Park 8,268
    Emmilou 8,253
    Al Fowler 7,688
    OneHillWonder 7,541
    Wheeze 7,124
    Feet in the Cowclaps 6,598
    Stolly 6,580
    mr brightside 6,407
    HannekeOrange Pony 6,310
    Alf 6,154
    IainR 6,098
    TurboTom 6,044
    Ady In Accy 5,752
    Southernsoftie 5,653
    Saints Lad 5,552
    noelModerator 5,501
    david 5,174
    shaunaneto 4,734
    Multiterrainer 4,415
    Hes 3,969
    Swoop 3,934
    DazTheSlug 3,845
    Freckle 3,686
    The devil's own 3,654
    Molehill 3,515 (you are only 3,609 posts behind Wheeze)
    To be fair, Wheeze does go on a bit whilst I am the quiet, retiring kind
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

A lot of those with more than 6000 posts are no longer active or sadly no longer with us. Which shows how vibrant the forum was in times past.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    A lot of those with more than 6000 posts are no longer active or sadly no longer with us. Which shows how vibrant the forum was in times past.
    Of that list I’m still in touch with DT (on Strava), Steve Foster (Facebook), IanDarkPeak (Facebook), Dominion (occasionally Facebook), Emmilou (Facebook and Instagram), Al Fowler (Facebook and Instagram), Onehillwonder (Facebook and Instagram), Hanneke (facebook and Instagram), Ian Ridgeway (Facebook and Instagram), TurboTom (occasionally Facebook), Ady in Accy (occasionally Facebook), Southern Softie (Instagram), Hes (she lives here ) and Freckle (Facebook and Instagram). Oh and not forgetting Richard Taylor (Facebook) and Mike Bate (Facebook)

Ian Ridgeway and IanDP pop up on facebook fairly regularly. I'm pretty sure i see our very own Witton Park on there sometimes too... and Llani Boy, although i think he's now left facebook... DaveMole also a regular on the Shropshire and WFRA facebook pages... GazB too...

Yes Trav's I have left facebook but I think I will have to re-join next year when races start again as so many of them put most of their info on it and certainly seems to be the place to find photographs/results/reports.

Also, most of the WFRA stuff seems to be on there and my club, Matlock AC, puts virtually everything on there so I haven't a clue what's going on!

I'll have to stop cutting off my nose to spite my face, as my mum used to say, and get back on but with the aid of someone who knows what they are doing so that I only get what I want.

I must also resist the temptation to get drawn into commenting on posts that rev me up
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Yes Trav's I have left facebook but I think I will have to re-join next year when races start again as so many of them put most of their info on it and certainly seems to be the place to find photographs/results/reports.

Also, most of the WFRA stuff seems to be on there and my club, Matlock AC, puts virtually everything on there so I haven't a clue what's going on!

I'll have to stop cutting off my nose to spite my face, as my mum used to say, and get back on but with the aid of someone who knows what they are doing so that I only get what I want.

I must also resist the temptation to get drawn into commenting on posts that rev me up

I'd say there's a reasonable argument that while the FellRunners UK facebook page is clearly the busiest, it's probably, to me anyway, the least useful...! Yes there are race results and photos that go up there.

But the Shropshire page, WFRA page, and then the individual pages for various races, usually have all the info/results/photos, without quite so many sock discussions...