Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Prolific Forumites

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    They are all worthy suggestions... and sure there are minor issues with the current champs format (which have been highlighted in posts above)...

But are the issues really worth changing the format of the champs for? Surely the suggestions above throw up as many, if not more issues?

Ennerdale/Wasdale on a summers day with 300+ entrants and the cream of the crop battling it out, surely the highlight of the season for a lot of people.

If it ain't broke...
    Indeed. The hints in the title: Championships ie races to identify Champions.

If people want a pleasant day out on the fells there are hundreds of events to choose from and if they would also like to go home with a T-shirt they can take up trail running.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Indeed. The hints in the title: Championships ie races to identify Champions.

If people want a pleasant day out on the fells there are hundreds of events to choose from and if they would also like to go home with a T-shirt they can take up trail running.
    I've picked up a few T shirts fell running you know.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

They are all worthy suggestions... and sure there are minor issues with the current champs format (which have been highlighted in posts above)...

But are the issues really worth changing the format of the champs for? Surely the suggestions above throw up as many, if not more issues?

Ennerdale/Wasdale on a summers day with 300+ entrants and the cream of the crop battling it out, surely the highlight of the season for a lot of people.

If it ain't broke...
    I thought there was an issue with capacity of race routes, limited number of venues and parking?
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    I've picked up a few T shirts fell running you know.
    Undoubtedly you have, but Championship medals?
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Undoubtedly you have, but Championship medals?
    for me, it's the taking part Graham - just as well
    Richard Taylor
    Sid Waddell

... and if they would also like to go home with a T-shirt they can take up trail running.
    You get a fantastic tee shirt at the 3 Peaks 'trail' race I hear

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    I thought there was an issue with capacity of race routes, limited number of venues and parking?
    As i say, is it big enough of an issue to re-write the entire champs format?

I'm far from experienced in the matter, but i personally don't think it is...

As i say, is it big enough of an issue to re-write the entire champs format?

I'm far from experienced in the matter, but I personally don't think it is...
    I don't see splitting up male and female champs as re-writing the entire format.

The format can remain exactly the same.

For example, had the 2020 Mens Champs kicked off at Guisborough as planned and there was a separate womens champs that kicked off at Pendle I can see that working.
    Richard Taylor
    Sid Waddell

While I think there are a lot of good ideas here, I suspect the committee would say something like: it's hard enough coordinating one champs around clashing events.

There's already the british, english, brit relays, hodgson relays, international events, intercounties (and probably some I've not considered).

I'm not sure there are enough free weekends to do another championship.

To me, the only way to get this off the ground would be to do an unofficial B champs. That's not to say you couldn't make some noise about it.

PS. If we split men and women, I'd like Shutlingsloe to be considered as a women's champs race. I think the route could cope with those numbers.

Imagine - the best fell race in the country finally being allowed to be a champs race.