Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's Sally

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    I had a go at this yesterday with the family. I managed about a minute, so lots to work on.

On the upside, I beat my teenage kids. Although they were a bit less committed having been informed by me that it would be a fun family challenge.
    Yes, sometimes reverse psychology is needed such as "under no circumstances should you ever try this, you're way to you (and feeble)".
    Am Yisrael Chai

1 minute and 8 seconds today. If I keep up this level of improvement, I'll be there in no time.

1 minute and 8 seconds today. If I keep up this level of improvement, I'll be there in no time.

Yeah! Way to Go Noelly!

https://commutesmartnw.org/photos/wa...squarelogo.jpg
    Am Yisrael Chai

1 minute 20 today . The kids are gaining on me. Daughter: 52 seconds. Son: 53 seconds.

Master
    Can still only do 15. In this weeks' HIIT sessions we did 120 press-ups on Tuesday, and 80 on Friday, but of course these are spread over the 45 minutes, and there is no prolonged hold in the down position.

Master
    15 still .... complete failure on the 16th - exercising to failure is supposedly a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    15 still .... complete failure on the 16th - exercising to failure is supposedly a good thing.
    It's annoying, isn't it? Unlike a standard set of press-up reps which become gradually more and more difficult, where you can usually squeeze/scream a final one or two, on this Sally exercise my arms just refuse to budge out of the lower locked position. No movement at all!
    Am Yisrael Chai

1:42 today. So a bit more progress. I think that was 15, so it's good to know that after 6 weeks of effort I'm up with Mike "the training machine" T.

I just need to match your weekly mileage now!!

1:35 today. I clearly need to reassess my training regime.

1:35 today. I clearly need to reassess my training regime.
    Sorry if I'm stating the bloomin' obvious, but I've found that the type of floor covering (or none) that I'm pressing up from can give you a slight edge or not. I find carpets are to be avoided as there's too much slippage. Lino floors are OK if my hamds are a bit moist, say from washing them, but the best in my house are the slightly riven flag floors. They're good for a couple extra reps at least or a few more seconds of 'Sallying forth'
    Am Yisrael Chai