Page 74 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's Sally

Master
    Press-ups using a bar - alternating unweighted with 5 kg weighted - sets to failure, set + rest = 4 minutes, 8 sets - unweighted were 41 - 24 - 20 - 22; weighted were 20 -15 - 15 - 14.

Squats/lunges before and in-between the sets, but I lost count.

EMOM - sets of 11 press-ups, floor to lock to floor. Time in secs remaining for each min.

43 - 42 - 43 - 43 - 43 - 43 - 39 - 37 - 34 - 21
    Am Yisrael Chai

EMOM - sets of 12 press-ups, floor to lock to floor. Time in secs remaining for each min.

40 - 40 - 41 - 40 - 37 - 33 - 30 - 25 - 17 - Fail!

It was all going so well, until...
    Am Yisrael Chai

Master
    Chin-ups, 2 EMOM for 25 minutes. So 50 in total. Unweighted.

A day late because of time needed for meal preparation. And sleep.

Master
    Press-ups, using a bar rather than chest to floor: EMOM for 35 minutes, 10 per set. So 350 in total.

Somewhat different regime today.

Floor to lock to floor press-ups, but with 4 seconds (chimpanzees! ) of eccentric resistance on the descent.

There is a logistics problem with this, in that there's a heck of lot of counting. So, the order of play was on completing each rep, I reached out and pencil scored a mark on a post-it, to record the rep, before continuing. The timing was between each set - 2 minutes - to account for the eccentric element and to also encourage good form (no rushing of the set).

41 - 21 - 18 - 16 - 11 = 107 total.

41 is the highest single set for floor-to lock - to floor press-ups for me, and so is curious. I think that once the first rep is complete, reaching out to pencil score the mark, and record the rep, allows more recovery than simply lifting palms off the floor before the next rep. However, later, the cumulative effect of eccentric resistance causes more stress on one's wrists. I also noted that I perspired much earlier with this form of the exercise, suggesting more physical effort is involved over-all, compared to a EMOM 10x10 for example, with a similar total of press-ups albeit in a much shorter time.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Floor to lock to floor press-ups, but with 4 seconds (chimpanzees! ) of eccentric resistance on the descent.

There is a logistics problem with this, in that there's a heck of lot of counting. So, the order of play was on completing each rep, I reached out and pencil scored a mark on a post-it, to record the rep, before continuing. The timing was between each set - 2 minutes - to account for the eccentric element and to also encourage good form (no rushing of the set).

41 is the highest single set for floor-to lock - to floor press-ups for me, and so is curious. I think that once the first rep is complete, reaching out to pencil score the mark, and record the rep, allows more recovery than simply lifting palms off the floor before the next rep. However, later, the cumulative effect of eccentric resistance causes more stress on one's wrists. I also noted that I perspired much earlier with this form of the exercise, suggesting more physical effort is involved over-all, compared to a EMOM 10x10 for example, with a similar total of press-ups albeit in a much shorter time.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Am Yisrael Chai

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    Press-ups, using a bar rather than chest to floor: EMOM for 35 minutes, 10 per set. So 350 in total.
    Blimey!!!!! Is there a depression in the floor where you did all of those?
    Am Yisrael Chai

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    When you refer to bar press ups Mr B, is it one bar that you use at 90 degrees to your body or two bars, ie dumb bells, one either side?
    Sorry Bob I missed this. It's one long bar, it's easier to stay stable that way. Worth noting I only do it this way because my wrists are so screwed I have to keep them straight or they hurt.