Page 93 of 97 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 ... LastLast
Results 921 to 930 of 961

Thread: Today's Sally

  1. #921
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ambleside
    Posts
    5,691
    Weighted - 5 kg - chest to floor diamond press-ups, 20 sets to imminent/actual failure, 1st 10 sets on toes, 2nd 10 on knees, 2 minutes = set + rest.

    4 - 3 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 1 - 2

    6 - 6 - 5 - 4 - 4 - 4 - 4 - 4 - 4 - 4.

    Today's attempt at a one armed from the floor press-up failed.

  2. #922
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ambleside
    Posts
    5,691
    30 sets, 2 minutes = set + rest. First 15 sets pull-ups, last 15 chin-ups, first 3 pull-up sets weighted - 5 kg; all the chin-ups weighted.

    1 - 1 - 1 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1.

    2 - 2 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1.

    So 36 efforts in total.

  3. #923
    Moderator Mossdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Teesdale
    Posts
    2,865
    Original Sally Challenges:

    AM 2 mins 21 secs
    PM 2 mins 18 secs

    Umm...I guess generally plateauing is better than regressing
    Am Yisrael Chai

  4. #924
    Moderator Mossdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Teesdale
    Posts
    2,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    30 sets, 2 minutes = set + rest. First 15 sets pull-ups, last 15 chin-ups, first 3 pull-up sets weighted - 5 kg; all the chin-ups weighted.

    1 - 1 - 1 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1.

    2 - 2 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1.

    So 36 efforts in total.
    Well done Mike. I've had a few pressing (no pun intended!) priorities recently, so have had squeeze in core sessions as best as I can.
    Am Yisrael Chai

  5. #925
    Moderator Mossdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Teesdale
    Posts
    2,865
    EMOM press-ups routine. 10 reps (floor to lock to floor) press-ups, every minute, for 15 minutes.


    45 - 46 - 46 - 46 - 45 - 46 - 46 - 44 - 42 - 44 - 43 - 43 - 43 - 42 - 41


    Dead hang (gloves) 1 mins 53 secs.
    Am Yisrael Chai

  6. #926
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ambleside
    Posts
    5,691
    Weighted - 5 kg - chest to floor diamond press-ups, 20 sets to imminent/actual failure, 1st 10 sets on toes, 2nd 10 on knees, 2 minutes = set + rest.

    3 - 2 - 2 - 3 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2

    8 - 6 - 5 - 5 - 5 - 4 - 4 - 4 - 4 - 4.

    Today's attempt at a one armed from the floor press-up: one and 2 halves. The first effort was a half - I had not given myself enough room and my head ended up rubbing against the end of my bed. Second one was successful, third one only got half way up.

  7. #927
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ambleside
    Posts
    5,691
    40 sets, EMWM. First 20 sets pull-ups, last 20 chin-ups, first 3 pull-up sets weighted - 5 kg; first 8 chin-up sets weighted.

    1 - 1 - fail - 2 - 2 - all the rest singles.

    1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - fail - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 - all the rest singles.

    So 47 successful efforts.

    This felt very hard from the start, then I woke up to the fact that I was doing a set every minute, not every 2 minutes.

  8. #928
    Moderator Mossdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Teesdale
    Posts
    2,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    40 sets, EMWM. First 20 sets pull-ups, last 20 chin-ups, first 3 pull-up sets weighted - 5 kg; first 8 chin-up sets weighted.

    1 - 1 - fail - 2 - 2 - all the rest singles.

    1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - fail - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 - all the rest singles.

    So 47 successful efforts.

    This felt very hard from the start, then I woke up to the fact that I was doing a set every minute, not every 2 minutes.
    But very well done Mike.

    Same old here for me...

    EMOM press-ups routine. 10 reps (floor to lock to floor) press-ups, every minute, for 15 minutes.


    44 - 45 - 46 - 46 - 45 - 46 - 46 - 43 - 43 - 44 - 43 - 43 - 43 - 42 - 39

    Glad I did these after my local run but before my post run shower, as I would have needed another rinse off afterwards given the temp in the north Pennines this afternoon!
    Am Yisrael Chai

  9. #929
    Moderator Mossdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Teesdale
    Posts
    2,865
    EMOM press-ups routine. 12 reps (floor to lock to floor) press-ups, every minute, for 10 minutes.


    40 - 40 - 41 - 40 - 40 - 39 - 34 - 32 - 29 - 29 - 22

    That was much closer to failure than the secs suggest! Deep digging necessary.
    Am Yisrael Chai

  10. #930
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ambleside
    Posts
    5,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    EMOM press-ups routine. 12 reps (floor to lock to floor) press-ups, every minute, for 10 minutes.


    40 - 40 - 41 - 40 - 40 - 39 - 34 - 32 - 29 - 29 - 22

    That was much closer to failure than the secs suggest! Deep digging necessary.
    Well done with those last 2 sessions!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •