Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Most dramatic moment.

People running with dogs put me off my local park run. Not too bad at the start but on an out and back course, which my local one is, they are a pain in the arse.

I'm not anti dog, I've got two, I just don't expect others to have to put up with them and have their enjoyment spoiled.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

I was ran down whilst spectating the local town parkrun by a guy running with a dog.

I saw him on the first lap being an arse and basically shouting people out of his way. On the 2nd lap i was standing well off the path and he came down the grass, over the brow of the hill, and wiped me out... well actually he went flying and i didn't really move.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yes, it's disturbingly similar and it doesn't take too much thinking to see what's going to happen

I have never used, or even thought of using, drugs to improve my sporting performance. I can report, however, that a large dose of shock and adrenaline will make you run faster... until it wears off and you really pay for it.
    I cut my hand open on the descent from Scafell in the Borrowdale one year. The only way I could stop the bleeding was by gripping a palm sized stone. This got me down to Styhead where a Marshall had some tape which did a better job. I thought adrenalin wore off after a short while but I actually had my best ever second half run in that race. The carry on afterwards to get it repaired was a minor epic of logistics involving my bike, a friend's car, my campervan and a kayak - a bit like the old proverb about getting a fox a hen and a bag of grain across a river.