Thread: New Corris Round

New Corris Round

Found this great film about a long run in Mid Wales with a 12yr old lad as the star. Very uplifting. I've been up all the hills, but never in one go. May have to give it a go when I'm allowed back to Wales.
    https://vimeo.com/455284623?fbclid=I...pswADp2pIJJ25w

Quote Originally Posted by MattPo View Post
    Found this great film about a long run in Mid Wales with a 12yr old lad as the star. Very uplifting. I've been up all the hills, but never in one go. May have to give it a go when I'm allowed back to Wales.
    https://vimeo.com/455284623?fbclid=I...pswADp2pIJJ25w
    A great find MattPo. Just watched it twice.

Apart from the general warmth of the film my favourite bit was being reminded of the views from and around Waun-oer.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Yes, lovely film, and an impressive feat for a 12-year-old.

I also learned quite a lot about John Disley that I hadn't' known previously: I have thought of him mainly as one of the people who got the sport of orienteering started in Britain, and I knew of his earlier achievements on the athletics track, but I didn't know of his Welsh origins and feats in the Welsh mountains.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Nice film. I'm not usually a great fan of the mass of fell and trail running mini-films which seem to have cropped up, but that was a really good one.

I'd planned for a go at the Leventon Line which crosses Waun Oer and Cader Idris... even had the time off work booked for it... unfortunately the Welsh travel restrictions meant the date came and went...

I was hoping to finish climbing all the Welsh 2000ft hills this year, but Covid put pay to that ambition. Managed trips to the Berwyns and Black Mountains. Only 14 to go now. 6 in the Moelwyns, 4 in the Radnor Forest and 4 in N Snowdonia. Ah well, theres next year.