Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Non-running waterproof

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Bob View Post
    Hi all.

Thanks for the replies. I used a buffalo mountain shirt through most of the 1990s and loved it. I’m amazed at how much they’ve gone up in price but then remember that we’re 30 years on! Paramo and Buffalo are a bit more than I want to spend and I’ve opted for the Alpkit Fortitude. I’ve got an Alpkit wind shirt which is fantastic so I’m looking forward to trying it.

Happy New Year all!

Rob
    £30 for my first one in the 1980s. It was a lot of money - but it lasted for years and I walked, cycled,climbed and occasionally ran in it. I also later had the buffalo pertex - wore it until it disintegrated after years of hard use.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark G View Post
    £30 for my first one in the 1980s. It was a lot of money - but it lasted for years and I walked, cycled,climbed and occasionally ran in it. I also later had the buffalo pertex - wore it until it disintegrated after years of hard use.
    I had sort of forgotten about Buffalo. I remember buying one of their fantastict sleeping bags in the early 80's direct from their premises on Valley Road which was in an old "little mesters" factory at Heeley Bottom in Sheffield, on a visit to the Peaks.
    I recall going there again 25 years (ish)later when I worked up the road in Woodseats and could not find them.

I have just looked them up on Google and am nicely surprised to find that they are now less than half a mile away on Broadfield Road. I have some Christmas money to spend so shall wait until lockdown is finished and give them a visit.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    I had sort of forgotten about Buffalo. I remember buying one of their fantastict sleeping bags in the early 80's direct from their premises on Valley Road which was in an old "little mesters" factory at Heeley Bottom in Sheffield, on a visit to the Peaks.
    I recall going there again 25 years (ish)later when I worked up the road in Woodseats and could not find them.

I have just looked them up on Google and am nicely surprised to find that they are now less than half a mile away on Broadfield Road. I have some Christmas money to spend so shall wait until lockdown is finished and give them a visit.
    I'm a massive fan of Buffalo. I'm pleasantly surprised that such a small niche GB company keeps going, and I'll be loathed to hear the day when they stop. I think one of their strengths, regarding company resilience, is that they basically only produce to order and have very little excess stock. However, I know that can cause some of their retailers no end of frustration, due to the order delivery time, and it also means you rarely find their gear on sale/discounted.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Another fan of Buffalo here - top quality stuff. I saved my pennies up 30+ years ago to get a belay jacket. I still have it and although it has a few signs of wear and tear, it is still serviceable. Also have a Tecmax shirt (which is superb when the temperature drops well below freezing) and mits - probably the warmest gloves I own.

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post

I still have their sleeping bag, or rather 2 of them, an light one and a heavier one which are designed to be used singly or together. A little heavy and bulky but I have used the lighter one during a summer MM. Ideal for wet conditions. I also like the armholes which mean you can brew up in warm comfort (or, as was the original intention I think, fire a rifle, should you happen to be carrying one!).