Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What of 2021 then?

Master
    I would like to see it being worthwhile taxing my Camper van which has been sorned since March but to be honest I don`t see it happening anytime soon.

Still mustn`t Grumble
    The older I get the Faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    I would like to see it being worthwhile taxing my Camper van which has been sorned since March but to be honest I don`t see it happening anytime soon.

Still mustn`t Grumble
    I SORN mine after Christmas, for the second time in 2020. Looking at it just sitting out there rusting and going nowhere.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    I SORN mine after Christmas, for the second time in 2020. Looking at it just sitting out there rusting and going nowhere.
    Well my camper has benefited from a lot of TLC/ Maintenance while it has stood on the drive, I drive it back and forth on the drive to keep the clutch from rusting on the flywheel it also keeps the brakes functioning I have also cooked and spent a few nights in it which has all helped to keep it aired and dry.

I reckon it is unlikely that I will be using the van before May (or even later in the year) but there is still plenty of work I can do on it.

I guess every cloud has a silver lining
    Last edited by JohnK; 04-01-2021 at 10:20 PM.

yes, mine had a lot of rust holes and leaks sorted in the spring lockdown (it is a 23 year old Transit!), used a bit during the summer and autumn but that is it. Run it and move it on the drive and wait for the next MOT in April .
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    yes, mine had a lot of rust holes and leaks sorted in the spring lockdown (it is a 23 year old Transit!), used a bit during the summer and autumn but that is it. Run it and move it on the drive and wait for the next MOT in April .
    Hey Moley your van is almost new, mine is a 34 year old VW T25 (an appreciating asset)which I have owned and enjoyed for 18years TBH this is the first winter in all those years my van has not been subjected to copious amounts of road salt on Trips to play on Scottish winter hills and given the mileage I have covered in the van
    the extra time I have had available to go over and maintain it, instead of using it has been a blessing and I have just got a new MOT week before Christmas. Happy days