Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What of 2021 then?

What of 2021 then?

I think we all want an end to Covid, whatever angle you come at it from, but I'll leave it at that.

We've just purchased a motorhome, being prepped for us to collect once we have an appropriate Tier. I've covered most of the British Isles on business, but very little as a tourist, so I'm looking forward to exploring many of the places up high that are often mentioned on here.
    My little challenge is to spend a night in each county of Great Britain - might take a couple of years

Burnley have just been taken over. There's a touch of nerves having seen what has happened to other clubs including a few of our local rivals, but I get a decent feeling from the new Chairman and look forward to seeing Dyche given more options to see if he can develop us further.

Cavendish back at Deuceuninck Quickstep is interesting. Would like to see him back winning stages again and who knows, perhaps at the TdF.
    It will be an incredible comeback if he can manage it. I don't think the team would have signed him if they didn't think he was up to it.

Be nice to do a Fell Race again. Stan Bradshaw might be a tad early for me, but maybe Fairfield in the spring would be a nice one to start with - and manageable for an ageing croc carrying a couple of stone overweight

Here's to a better 2021.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Happy new year WP....

For me it's a move north, which i can't put a timeline on as it depends on my house sale going through, and then finding a suitable place to live. Hard to put a timeline on it, but hopefully sometime in spring it will be sorted.

Hard to make plans over and above that, especially with current world events. But yes hopefully plenty of racing, and got initial plans for a nice holiday at the end of the year...

To get "home" to Wales. Not been since September.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    To get "home" to Wales. Not been since September.
    We've got a cottage in Llan - Llanbrynmair. Costs me £2500 a year but not been able to go there since September and only 3 visits this year. Love the hills round there and the Fell racing. Happy to do a Pub crawl round Llani with you!

Quote Originally Posted by MattPo View Post
    We've got a cottage in Llan - Llanbrynmair. Costs me £2500 a year but not been able to go there since September and only 3 visits this year. Love the hills round there and the Fell racing. Happy to do a Pub crawl round Llani with you!
    Ooh, just down the road from Talerddig bakery! They still have a shop in Llani and Mach but I think the bakery in Talerddig might now be shut.

My siblings and I, since our mum passed away 2 years ago, still have the family home in Llani and like you we are paying a fortune in Community Charge even though it is empty. My siblings both live in Australia and we had planned to sell it this past year but because they wanted to come over one last time, and couldn't it never happened.
    Perhaps they can get over this year but we shall see.

When I am able to get down this year I will let you know, and if you are about a pub crawl would be a great idea, perhaps even after a run, that's if any of the pubs survive!

Talerddig Bakery is now shut - sad. I pay 50% extra Council tax as its a holiday home. Worth it for such a lovely area.

A Pennine Journey? I've spotted this LD route on maps for years now and didn't really give it a second thought, brushing it off as the PW-lite. But a few days ago, while running from Swinhope Head in Teesdale, it struck me what an interesting, path less trodden, route this was. A closer inspection showed better still that it was circular, officially starting and finishing in Settle. I realized I could effectively start and finish it from a couple of miles from our back door! (low carbon footprint ) Ummm... tempting when the restrictions are lifted to give it a go in one continuous round (backpacking, not running, and wild camping).
    Am Yisrael Chai

Quote Originally Posted by MattPo View Post
    Talerddig Bakery is now shut - sad. I pay 50% extra Council tax as its a holiday home. Worth it for such a lovely area.
    Although our house was the family home as it is not a permanent residence it is now classed as a holiday home so we are also stung with the 50% extra. There are plans for it to increase too.

I have loads of running events carried over from last year (3 peaks in April, Howgills Trail 26 in May, Ullswater Way Trail and 5 Lakeland Passes in June, Lakeland 100 in July and two or three others after that) and hopefully things will be better by May or June to allow those to go ahead - I reckon the 3P though is pretty unlikely right now but might try again to defer to September (?).

As for the motor home Witton, that is such a good move. We got a camper 4 years ago and it has been brilliant

My big hope for this year is to be able to visit Australia again and see my daughter and her family (fingers crossed for next Christmas)

I'm hoping to get an entry into the Y3P having never done it. The one year i was entered (2017 or 2018), i was travelling up by train but a cancellation left me stranded in Chesterfield and i was unable to get there!

Although if it was rearranged to September it would be a struggle, as Sept is looking like an incredibly congested month already.