Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by harv View Post
    Well, there were a heck of a lot more tourists about in March and April than I’ve ever known- I’ve never seen the Caravan Park behind our house as full.
    But, yknow, what happens happens. Everyone’s got to be somewhere. I’m dead lucky to have Hampsfell on my doorstep. It was lovely up there this morning. I thought to myself “this’ll do for me”.
    Really? The Caravan Parks were closed from March 24th. On the 22nd anyone on the Holker Site were told they had to clear off by 23rd latest.
    They didn't reopen until around June/July.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Aye, there were def folk stayin in the one behind our house into April. I was surprised, thinking they were sposed to be closed. Dunno bowt Old Park Wood ( Holker )that’s a bit more well to do. Nice spot, and good fishing off the back of there

This, I think is interesting.

This afternoon my in-laws went for their second Covid Jab having had the first one on 16th of December. They attended at the same place, a hub set up to inoculate residents served by 10 or 12 GP's surgery's in that area.

At the first visit they said it was very busy and everyone was given the second appointment at that time. However, today it was less than half as busy and they were told that lots of people had not been turning up which means that, as it was the Pfizer/Biontec one, many will have been wasted.

I wonder why people haven't been turning up?
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Not interesting, just massively concerning. Why on earth would people not turn up for a booster?
    Has everyone got totally stupid all of a sudden?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Mole View Post
    Not interesting, just massively concerning. Why on earth would people not turn up for a booster?
    Has everyone got totally stupid all of a sudden?
    Wasn't the government proposal to prioritise people having the first dose delaying the second by up to 12 weeks despite this not being tested fully for the Pfizer vaccine. Perhaps the messaging has been less than clear.
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

If you get an appointment from a doctor/hospital, you turn up unless you're specifically told it has been cancelled.

Messages may well have been unclear, but I think pure stupidity is trumping it here...

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    If you get an appointment from a doctor/hospital, you turn up unless you're specifically told it has been cancelled.

Messages may well have been unclear, but I think pure stupidity is trumping it here...
    And on the subject of stupidity and trump. WTF's going on in USA: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/elec...-2020-55558355

Craziness.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    And on the subject of stupidity and trump. WTF's going on in USA: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/elec...-2020-55558355

Craziness.
    Let's go the whole hog:
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ie-in-24-hours

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    This, I think is interesting.

This afternoon my in-laws went for their second Covid Jab having had the first one on 16th of December. They attended at the same place, a hub set up to inoculate residents served by 10 or 12 GP's surgery's in that area.

At the first visit they said it was very busy and everyone was given the second appointment at that time. However, today it was less than half as busy and they were told that lots of people had not been turning up which means that, as it was the Pfizer/Biontec one, many will have been wasted.

I wonder why people haven't been turning up?
    I was a bit shocked when I heard about this around a week ago.

From what I have heard and read the first jab gives a person a partial immunity - say 70% and the 2nd tops it up to 90-95%.
    A decision has been made to prioritise getting as many of the top level vulnerable to 70% as quick as possible and I believe other countries are planning similar.

It's on the basis that say having 1,000,000 at 70% is better than having 500,000 at 90% and 500,000 at 0%.

I don't think we have anyone on here qualified to critique it - although Oracle maybe could have advised what his wife thought of the policy had he still been on the forum.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

"I don't think we have anyone on here qualified to critique it"

Hahahahahahhahhahahahahhahahahaha!