Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Devolution nonsense.

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Retriever View Post
    Is the Pfizer vaccine still the most prominent of the vaccines? I'm not so sure. The huge increases in vaccinations generally in the last week would suggest that it is the logistically much easier to distribute Oxford/Astra-Zeneca vaccine that is now coming to the fore.

    When I last looked a few days ago the figures for England showed that the North East and Yorkshire had vaccinated the most, while London was near the bottom.
    I think the figures are all a bit back of a fag packet to be honest. In the Times today they quoted regional differences for vaccinations in England with 10% for the South West and 4% for Yorkshire and the North East!

  2. #22
    Master molehill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rhandirmwyn
    Posts
    3,620
    In fairness the logistics of vaccinating elderly in a a large rural area with low population density will be challenging. Taking a vaccine that is difficult to store (temperature) and has to be delivered quickly - getting it out to care homes that house 10 or 20 people plus carers all round the countryside is going to be slow work. This is people that cannot drive or be taken to centres for vaccinating.

    But there are also large cities and towns with high population which could be done and we were also told categorically before the vaccine was rolled out that Wales was up and ready to go, and fast.

    So there is not really any excuse, delivery method and prioritise of vaccine should have been sorted .
    Sit and wait for our turn, but Drakeford's comments are just dull, the back peddling doesn't help either.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

  3. #23
    Master Muddy Retriever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Muddy puddle at Temple Newsam
    Posts
    2,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    I think the figures are all a bit back of a fag packet to be honest. In the Times today they quoted regional differences for vaccinations in England with 10% for the South West and 4% for Yorkshire and the North East!
    I don't think they are back of a fag packet, somebody is actually keeping track. This appears to be the official source.

    https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistic...-vaccinations/

    The latest figures per region for England are:

    Vaccinations.JPG

  4. #24
    Master Wheeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Monmouth
    Posts
    7,187
    I could hear the slapped foreheads in the Senedd from hear! What a ridiculous thing to say. Dont forget, in England the Army have been brought in to do vaccine logistics. Last time I looked, Wales didnt have its own army!
    I am Kuno....

  5. #25
    Master Mossdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Teesdale
    Posts
    1,832
    Hopefully all will run much smoother when/if we have to do it all again next year, and the year after that...!
    Eat more cake because life is shorter than you thi...

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Retriever View Post
    I don't think they are back of a fag packet, somebody is actually keeping track. This appears to be the official source.

    https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistic...-vaccinations/

    The latest figures per region for England are:

    Vaccinations.JPG
    I was meaning the percentages (of population) figures, given that muddy retriever had seen figures showing Yorkshire and the north east doing well whilst the times had seen figures saying something different. I think the official figures, probably rightly, are trying to avoid percentage success so as to minimise local regions being compared and this stirring up a bit of a hoo hah.

  7. #27
    Moderator noel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Mountains of Cheshire
    Posts
    5,669
    Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    I was meaning the percentages (of population) figures, given that muddy retriever had seen figures showing Yorkshire and the north east doing well whilst the times had seen figures saying something different. I think the official figures, probably rightly, are trying to avoid percentage success so as to minimise local regions being compared and this stirring up a bit of a hoo hah.
    Yes, it was a bit meaningless. What we needed was another column showing those numbers as a proportion of those who are in the categories that are being offered the vaccine at this stage.

  8. #28
    Master Muddy Retriever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Muddy puddle at Temple Newsam
    Posts
    2,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    I was meaning the percentages (of population) figures, given that muddy retriever had seen figures showing Yorkshire and the north east doing well whilst the times had seen figures saying something different. I think the official figures, probably rightly, are trying to avoid percentage success so as to minimise local regions being compared and this stirring up a bit of a hoo hah.
    If we take it as percentage of population then London has done even worse since it has a larger population than the North East and Yorkshire.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regions_of_England

    Actually, I think they should post the percentages of people vaccinated by region, get a bit of competition going to shame those slacking.

    Somebody I know who is 76 has his jab booked in for next Tuesday in Harrogate. Come on Yorkshire!

  9. #29
    Master molehill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rhandirmwyn
    Posts
    3,620
    Nearly a quarter of over 80s received first dose in Wales, got some catching up to do. This is nearly as bad as our rugby results
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •