Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: High Peak 40

Re: High Peak 40

The route seems to have a lot of road or hard paved paths, Any one thinking of road shoes? I was going to go with trail shoes.

was also thinking about road shoes, spoke to a couple of last years runners who sais you can get away with road shoes, apart from the little rain we having now the off road ground is still quite hard

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    The route seems to have a lot of road or hard paved paths, Any one thinking of road shoes? I was going to go with trail shoes.
    A lot of HP40 is road or hard trails and as it hasn't rained for a while I'd say wear some road/trail shoes with cushioning - your feet will thank you afterwards. I wrote up this event a few years back - you may be interested ... http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~temples/hc/high-peak-40.html

--Steve
    Hayfield Fell Races - https://www.t42.org.uk/hayfield/

Good to see the forumites who were taking part. Everyone looked very hot as they came up the hill past the house, but I guess that overall the conditions were reasonable, if a bit hard under foot. Let us know how you got on.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    Good to see the forumites who were taking part. Everyone looked very hot as they came up the hill past the house, but I guess that overall the conditions were reasonable, if a bit hard under foot. Let us know how you got on.
    Hi Marvin thanks for the encouragement as I ran? up past your house, very nice, must be very tricky in winter. I came in around 40th I think in 7.39ish(didn't stop my watch) and was too tired to go back and check, a fast race but far too much road esp up to Chelmorton. it gives me the shakes to think about. Loved Deep Dale at the end, fine sport.

Once again thanks to the Marshalls, lots of food and well sign posted.

How did you get on at Lantern Pike.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    I came in around 40th I think in 7.39ish(didn't stop my watch) and was too tired to go back and check, a fast race but far too much road esp up to Chelmorton. it gives me the shakes to think about. Loved Deep Dale at the end, fine sport.

Ian
    Hi ian

I think I passed you on the way up the first Deep Dale stretch, when we had a quick exchange... and I agree with you - that road stretch is a nightmare.

P.

well done to all,strangly enjoyed myself although cramped in a couple of places. just coming down from jaffa cake overdose but helped me get round in 7.30. thank to the marshals

High Peak 40

So who is running this one tomorrow? I'll be the one sipping tea and offering words of encouragement as you walk up the gentle incline of Milton Lane from Tunstead Milton.

I hear the entries are up on last year - around 200 this time.

High Peak 40

Have just put in my entry... has anyone got a detailed route map or GPS plot so I can do some recces?

Hi Nik,

This gives you a very rough idea - http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/temples-bin/...f=high-peak-40 - it's only the check-points, but I'm sure you could work out your route from there.