Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Decline the jab

My wife now has an invitation from the GP for the Bakewell cottage hospital, much closer than the Arena the other side of town. All is good, it just seems a little disorganised between GP jabs and central NHS.
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

Had my Astra Zeneca jab in Hathersage this morning. Looked out for bigfella on his way to Bakewell but didn't see him

Took a paracetamol before and twice since. Gardening this afternoon and a 4 mile road run this evening. Feeling fine and hopefully will do tomorrow.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Had mine at Lancaster Town Hall last Friday. 120 mile round trip, but it was either there or wait a couple of weeks for a closer venue. Arrived early, and just walked straight through, giving my name and DOB 4X, jabbed, and then ejected out some scruffy fire doors into the streets behind the Hall all in under 8 minutes . Didn't even have to sign anything - just had to say 'I do" to consent. Got AZ and all is fine, and I can't even see where they jabbed me. Was it a all just dream?

Next appointment 25 May...roll on.
    Am Yisrael Chai

I was splitting logs today ready for next winter, now have a bad back but only myself to blame.

Both of us now waiting for our second jabs.
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    Had mine at Lancaster Town Hall last Friday. 120 mile round trip, but it was either there or wait a couple of weeks for a closer venue. Arrived early, and just walked straight through, giving my name and DOB 4X, jabbed, and then ejected out some scruffy fire doors into the streets behind the Hall all in under 8 minutes . Didn't even have to sign anything - just had to say 'I do" to consent. Got AZ and all is fine, and I can't even see where they jabbed me. Was it a all just dream?

My second is in Hathersage again on 24th May.

If your second appointment is in Lancaster, on the off chance of you being unaware, there is the facility to change it to a closer venue if you wish.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    At the Peepul Centre in Leicester there was a long queue when I arrived on Saturday, but as I was there exactly at the time of my appointment they sent me straight in. Anyway, the queue seemed to be going through very efficiently. Like Mossdog, I had AZ and there's nothing to see on my arm, and I have had no symptoms related to it; but I was told to sit down for 15 minutes before leaving, and had a nice chat to one of the stewards while I was there.

Second appointment on 22nd May; an excuse for an even longer bike ride than on Saturday. [See my comments on the "Today's bike ride" thread.]
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    At the Peepul Centre in Leicester there was a long queue when I arrived on Saturday, but as I was there exactly at the time of my appointment they sent me straight in. Anyway, the queue seemed to be going through very efficiently. Like Mossdog, I had AZ and there's nothing to see on my arm, and I have had no symptoms related to it; but I was told to sit down for 15 minutes before leaving, and had a nice chat to one of the stewards while I was there.

Second appointment on 22nd May; an excuse for an even longer bike ride than on Saturday. [See my comments on the "Today's bike ride" thread.]
    After the vaccination in Kendal we were offered a seat under observation but nobody took up the offer - as people left they were advised not to drive for 15 minutes in case they had a reaction - my car was a 15 minute walk away so not an issue.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post

For simple things like most blood teats and vaccinations offering your arm/shoulder is regarded as consent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    After the vaccination in Kendal we were offered a seat under observation but nobody took up the offer - as people left they were advised not to drive for 15 minutes in case they had a reaction - my car was a 15 minute walk away so not an issue.
    I'm off to Kendal for mine tomorrow. I wondered about any after affects and planned this as a rest/recovery week. Looking at the weather forecast that's probably just as well.

Side effects seem to differ between people for no apparent reason, though not sure on the difference between the two vaccines. Most have nothing of consequence others I know felt a bit rough the next day, took a paracetamol and the day off. That sounds like the worst likely to happen.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.