Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Decline the jab

Was going to go for a bike ride this morning before the wind and rain arrives later but feeling a bit lethargic.

Whether it is anything to do with yesterdays jab or not who knows.

Just going to take it easy and potter up the allotment.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Thats how I felt Llani...just a bit off colour.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Both the wife and I had the OAZ and both felt really rough about 6 hours later. Lasted for about 36 hours but paracetamol helps. Others we know have had no side effects so seems to be a bit of a lottery.

I was chatting to a doctor who said if you do feel rough after the vaccination, this might be a sign of a more pronounced immunological response to the vaccine.

While that doesn't change anything, it might alter people's perceptions around feeling a bit rubbish for a day after the jab.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    I was chatting to a doctor who said if you do feel rough after the vaccination, this might be a sign of a more pronounced immunological response to the vaccine.

While that doesn't change anything, it might alter people's perceptions around feeling a bit rubbish for a day after the jab.
    This came up in one of the ZOE Covid Webinars - there was felt to be no relationship between vaccination side effects and vaccination effectiveness, but I suspect there will be a wide spectrum of opinion on this.

Those receiving the AZ injection had on average more side effects than those receiving the Pfizer injection, though the side effects tended to go down with the second AZ injection, and up with the second Pfizer injection. If people had had Covid, they had more side effects on average than those who had not had it, no matter which injection they had.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark G View Post
    I'm off to Kendal for mine tomorrow. I wondered about any after affects and planned this as a rest/recovery week. Looking at the weather forecast that's probably just as well.
    I had no side effects whatsoever, not even a sore arm. Unless you feel rotten, I would suggest leaving as soon as you are done.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    This came up in one of the ZOE Covid Webinars - there was felt to be no relationship between vaccination side effects and vaccination effectiveness, but I suspect there will be a wide spectrum of opinion on this.

Those receiving the AZ injection had on average more side effects than those receiving the Pfizer injection, though the side effects tended to go down with the second AZ injection, and up with the second Pfizer injection. If people had had Covid, they had more side effects on average than those who had not had it, no matter which injection they had.
    Interesting, thanks.

The conversation was sparked by a colleague of his who had experienced quite a few side effects after their second dose of the Pfizer vaccine.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    If people had had Covid, they had more side effects on average than those who had not had it, no matter which injection they had.
    Interesting. I've never had any symptoms so not had a test but as both my wife and daughter have both tested positive on separate occasions, I'm not sure how I could have avoided it.

Presumably, the powers that be have organised this so we'll definitely get the same type of vaccine when we turn up (even at a different venue) for the second dose.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    Presumably, the powers that be have organised this so we'll definitely get the same type of vaccine when we turn up (even at a different venue) for the second dose.
    Unless documentation of the first type of vaccine that was given is lost, or, that vaccine for some reason is not available, the plan is for people to "stick" with the one vaccine. It is possible that mixing them up would give even better protection