Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Decline the jab

Renewing my membership to club moderna on the 23rd. Nausea and severe shivering last time, later the headache gave me back trouble.

Personally I don't bear/bare (Graham?) any grudges against those who don't bother. Their business is not mine, I make a clear distinction there. I know someone who thinks the whole thing is a conspiracy.

I know that if I get it it may screw my running forever, and that's my business.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Harsh truth is that most of the cases in ITU are unvaccinated, according to those who work there. Its not fair on folks who need ITU care for other reasons.
    This is starting to annoy me, our hospitals are filling with covid patients the vast majority of whom are not vaccinated. Causing various degrees of restrictions and "lockdown light" for the rest of us, in order to protect the NHS from crumbling under the pressure. Not to mention those unable to access treatments for a myriad other illnesses.

I am thinking it is time for a large stick to be waved at those who refuse vaccinations and jeopardize the lives of many others.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

I had my booster yesterday (Moderna after having Pfizer for the first two).

Got a very sore arm, as in struggling to lift it above horizontal, and some mild aches.

On my way over to Callow undaunted... I felt much worse racing the XC a couple of weeks ago, and ran well, so won't be making any excuses.

That's the spirit Travs! Hope you enjoy your race....callow will soon give much more pain than a sore arm!🤣

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    I am thinking it is time for a large stick to be waved at those who refuse vaccinations and jeopardize the lives of many others.
    Agreed. Its not just the blocking of hospital services, its the livelihoods of everyone affected by new restrictions. In effect, the unvaccinated are holding the entire country to ransom. Time to put the boot on the other foot.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Harsh truth is that most of the cases in ITU are unvaccinated, according to those who work there. Its not fair on folks who need ITU care for other reasons.
    32% according to the official figures a few days ago.

Seems a bit high though, because unvaxxed fatalities are now about half that rate, so the unvaxxed must have a remarkable recovery rate from ICU compared to vaxxed.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    One of my major gripes is the number of professional sportsmen/women who have not been vaccinated even though the Government have bent over backwards to keep the precious little things playing their games and travelling all over the world.

A "stat" on Sky News last night stated that 75% of EFL players had either been double jabbed, jabbed, or were thinking about being jabbed. A meaningless "stat" other than we can deduce that 25% were not going to get a jab.

A disgraceful state of affairs and the authorities should put their foot down and not allow participation in professional sport unless proof of vaccination is provided.

I think that these cosseted sportsmen/women, heroes to many, are just taking the piss.
    Despite my longevity on here I haven't yet managed to do a multiple quote grab, so I'll pick Llani's as an example of a few that seem to seek to mandate vaccination.

I think mandatory vaccines would be alarming for any vaccine. A person's medical standing in the UK should be of no consequence to others.
    Remember what HIV victims had to go through? It was an appalling situation, only turned around with the efforts of Lady Di.

But mandatory vaccines that don't carry liability and are only legal to administer as they are under EUA are just bonkers.
    And yes, heading towards authoritarianism and not the way we do things in the UK.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Remember what HIV victims had to go through? It was an appalling situation, only turned around with the efforts of Lady Di.
    Hardly comparable, you can't catch HIV just by being in the same room, there is no social stigma attached to having Covid and having the vaccine is largely for the protection of others.

So maybe not mandatory vaccination (except for health workers) but restrictions on what you can do if not vaccinated.
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

There seems to be talk of omicron and other mutations starting in the many HIV positive population of sub Saharan Africa. A link to that disease, but plenty of theories out there - many conspiracy.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

[QUOTE=Witton Park;677095]Despite my longevity on here I haven't yet managed to do a multiple quote grab, so I'll pick Llani's as an example of a few that seem to seek to mandate vaccination.

You have picked a wrong example WP.

I have not suggested mandatory vaccination but am of the same opinion as Bigfella in that restrictions be put on those who choose not to be vaccinated.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog