Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Decline the jab

Yellow fever was particularly painful...would have welcomed an A for that!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Can’t deny I am becoming sceptical at some figures. WP says that 90% of unvaccinated have antibodies. This implies 9 out of 10 unvaccinated have had COVID? UK or worldwide? Either way an astoundingly high figure.

I am reading now on bbc Welsh news “ This brings the total number of cases in Wales to 577,043, and the total number of deaths to 6,545.”

Am I being dull (very possible) or does this not imply that around one in eleven people who have caught COVID have died?

Either my maths is rubbish or I have some doubts about what is stated.

My maths, think I have missed a 0!! Christmas Eve drinks to blame.
    Last edited by molehill; 24-12-2021 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Currently over 90% of the unvaccinated have anti-bodies. Naturally acquired immunity is up to 26 times more effective than the vaccines according to the most detailed research done in Israel.
    NB.
    That's not a suggestion that vaccination is to be avoided - for many it's still the best option.
    Food for thought. I got vaccinated because getting covid might end me as a fairly competitive fell racer, it's about what's best for you and whether you trust TPTB. Some of the lads i work with feel the vaccines were rushed out and that it would be safer to opt out. This narrative that's getting pushed on everyone that 'it's not about you...' is divisive, and a useful tool for leverage; nothing more. All i can see going forward is discrimination based on your vaccine status, which is a terrible future, but discrimination is fine when it's got the right narrative behind it.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Again I am such a sceptic on how words and figures are used, it can be made very easy to guide people to read what they want to hear.

"Naturally acquired immunity is up to 26 times more effective than the vaccines according to the most detailed research done in Israel."

Does this mean anything other than one test case showed 26x antibodies? The rest could be similar to vaccinated or averaging slightly more.
    How words and numbers may be twisted to suit any agenda in the media, none of them lies but only half truths.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    Again I am such a sceptic on how words and figures are used, it can be made very easy to guide people to read what they want to hear.

"Naturally acquired immunity is up to 26 times more effective than the vaccines according to the most detailed research done in Israel."

Does this mean anything other than one test case showed 26x antibodies? The rest could be similar to vaccinated or averaging slightly more.
    How words and numbers may be twisted to suit any agenda in the media, none of them lies but only half truths.
    In one analysis, comparing more than 32,000 people in the health system, the risk of developing symptomatic COVID-19 was 27 times higher among the vaccinated, and the risk of hospitalization eight times higher.

https://www.science.org/content/arti...-remains-vital

The study overall is from 4.7 million people and it makes many statistical comparisons.

The 27 times (sorry ) is "unvaccinated but have had covid" compared to "vaccinated never had covid" so stripping out those with vaccination and prior covid infection - what you might call a hybrid resistance.
    32,000 people.

This study in Israel, who were the most advanced country of note with the vaccination programme is what started the 3rd booster talk and led to the JCVI recommending 3rd boosters here in Mid September.

Now I'm not a technically trained statto, but if you do a rough analaysis.

Approx 80% of UK adults vaccinated

Approx 20% not.

https://assets.publishing.service.go..._-_week_51.pdf
    See Page 4, 98.4% of population have anti-bodies.

Assuming all vaccinated have anti-bodies, then that leaves 18.4 of the 20 unvaccinated with anti-bodies. That's 92%.

So quite how the unvaccinated are some sort of additional transmission risk is beyond me. Statistically as a group, the unvaccinated appear to be a more resistant group than the vaccinated.

What also should be considered is that this is one giant, real experiment and the unvaccinated are a kind of control group, which might be significant in time.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Can’t deny I am becoming sceptical at some figures. WP says that 90% of unvaccinated have antibodies. This implies 9 out of 10 unvaccinated have had COVID? UK or worldwide? Either way an astoundingly high figure.

I am reading now on bbc Welsh news “ This brings the total number of cases in Wales to 577,043, and the total number of deaths to 6,545.”

Am I being dull (very possible) or does this not imply that around one in eleven people who have caught COVID have died?

Either my maths is rubbish or I have some doubts about what is stated.

My maths, think I have missed a 0!! Christmas Eve drinks to blame.
    the 9/10 is UK and a figures from UK HSA as linked on my previous post.

The maths is incorrect as based on those figures it is 1 in 88 people who have caught covid that have died which is still quite high.

However two points.

Total number of cases - there are also folk who had covid that never tested. Estimates vary but typically it's thought to be close to double the recorded cases.

The deaths are with covid, not necessarily of covid.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

If the rate of death from Covid is 1 in 88 I wonder what the proportion of the population with underlying vulnerabilities is and what proportion of the 88 they make up. I'm not suggesting that any deaths are less serious and there are clearly exceptions where normally healthy people have died but I'm sure that is relevant. .

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    My daughter tried to get a booster in Birmingham today. She is home for the holidays and had her 2 previous jabs in Cardiff where she is registered with her local GP. She was declined the jab as she had to go to a walk in centre and when she got there, they didn't have access to NHS Wales and she couldn't prove her vaccination status as she had left her card in Wales. There is also no equivalent to the NHS app that we get in England so I don't see how she can get a booster. Madness..
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Unfortunately in Wales (and Scotland) our devolved government like to play mind games with the English government - I think it is a matter of principal for them. Others might call it willy waving.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Unfortunately in Wales (and Scotland) our devolved government like to play mind games with the English government - I think it is a matter of principal for them.

Others might call it willy waving.
    And for Nicola?
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 28-12-2021 at 05:17 PM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".