Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Decline the jab

I agree that ones job should have nothing to do with it.

I also agree that we should be free to make a personal choice about whether to have a vaccination or not.

Having said that I think it is wrong for people who are unvaccinated, other than for medical reasons, to then, when they have Covid, take up ICU beds and no doubt readily accept any medical intervention needed to save their lives.

The word selfish springs to mind.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

I have no problem with people's right to choice, it is trying to understand their reasons for their choices, when on the other side of the fence.
    Very often the opposition to covid and jabs or global warming comes under the general heading of "conspiracy", which I find a bit bonkers coming out the mouths of intelligent people.
    But perhaps I'm wrong and they are right, someone is out to get us.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    ... comes under the general heading of "conspiracy", which I find a bit bonkers coming out the mouths of intelligent people.

I am now intrigued what you categorise as completely bonkers on your scale of lunacy?
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    I agree that ones job should have nothing to do with it.

I also agree that we should be free to make a personal choice about whether to have a vaccination or not.

Having said that I think it is wrong for people who are unvaccinated, other than for medical reasons, to then, when they have Covid, take up ICU beds and no doubt readily accept any medical intervention needed to save their lives.

The word selfish springs to mind.
    Not entirely selfish because the Data collected from every hospital case will ultimately provide some answers as to what the medical profession / Scientists are dealing with, therefore the anti - vaxxers are unwittingly volunteering there services to medical science, which should benefit us all.
    Last edited by JohnK; 31-12-2021 at 07:48 PM.
    The older I get the Faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    I have no problem with people's right to choice, it is trying to understand their reasons for their choices, when on the other side of the fence.
    Very often the opposition to covid and jabs or global warming comes under the general heading of "conspiracy", which I find a bit bonkers coming out the mouths of intelligent people.
    But perhaps I'm wrong and they are right, someone is out to get us.
    Understanding. In my experience understanding will always dissolve the dualistic situation of right and wrong.

Among the reasons I've heard from my friends who've declined has been, "the vaccine was rushed and I don't trust it", "I fully trust my own immune system".

It takes me back to my earlier rant about weak leadership. Strong leaders wouldn't have allowed this situation to arise; one in which we have good and bad people existing in a situation where we are, apparently, 'all in it together'.

I really like the way Micael Ledwith talks about right and wrong; It's a completely religious concept. He prefers 'things that advance you spiritually' or whatever, and 'things that don't'.

Firstly, I think anyone who doesn’t have the vaccine (unless they really can’t) is unhinged. 1. Because why wouldn’t you want to protect yourself (I would vaccinate myself against a cold if I could) and 2. Because rightly or wrongly it seems that mass vaccination is the only way governments around the world are going to allow us any normality.

However, denying someone medical treatment because they are not vaccinated is a difficult one for me. If I was working in ICU and faced with an unvaccinated patient I would find it hard to just walk away whatever I might have said after a few pints! And there’s the question of personal choice over risk. Where do we draw the line? Is it acceptable risk to climb solo? Or take part in motorsport? Or ride a horse cross country? Just a few examples that have good chance of you ending up in hospital and putting others at risk rescuing you. Should people that take part in these sports be denied treatment? I don’t think so, but who decides where that line is drawn? I’ve heard people argue that people who take part in dangerous sports are selfish and shouldn’t take up NHS beds. Are they right?

That all said I am very close to agreeing that somehow people should suffer (financially, socially?) for being unvaccinated given the amount of data out there that shows vaccines greatly reduce the risk of serious disease, as they do in every other disease we are vaccinated for. But then I am a vet and I’ve spent 18 years seeing the effect of non vaccination in animals- wondering why they just didn’t get that dog vaccinated rather than seeing their pride and joy dying of parvovirus, or leptospirosis to name a couple of examples. I have to bite my lip and hold off from saying “I told you so.” In my experience there is a significant proportion of the general public who have absolutely no idea about vaccines and don’t want to. They follow an anti vaccine narrative that suits their crazy perception that all vaccines are some sort of evil. So it hasn’t surprised me that covid vaccination has led to a new wave of anti vaccers.

I’m glad I don’t have to make policy decisions though.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    I found out this week that a sizeable chunk of my cousins on one side of my family are heavily anti-vaccination, as well as being massively into conspiracy theories as well....

Considering they are for the most part very intelligent. good jobs, etc, i find it so hard to understand...
    If you go back and consider the discussions on the covid thread 20 months ago, the forum was split mostly over lockdown policy.
    No one on here would countenance what the conspiracy theorists were coming up with.

I have to scratch my head though these days, as some of the outlandish ideas they've put out there have started to come through.

In Autumn 2020 we had a Govt minister, the Vaccine Minister at the time, stand up in Westminster and tell us all that vaccine passports wouldn't happen, that mandatory vaccines wouldn't happen.

They have.

The foundations are there for a very sinister future.

So I hope you are right Travs, but I don't find it so hard to understand, because their position of 20 months ago has been strengthened with time and illogical policies.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

That's news to me WP.

I wasn't aware that vaccine passports or vaccinations were mandatory.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

That's news to me WP.

Me neither and we live in lockdown central, Wales.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Master
    That's news to me WP.

Nope no mandatory passports or vaccinations needed here in Cumbria, just a need for the use of common sense
    The older I get the Faster I was