Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Decline the jab

i didn't even have the NHS app on my phone until this xmas period, when i realised that i'm going to need it in the coming year for flights etc... even then it's not mandatory... although it certainly makes foreign travel a lot simpler (which i think in the times of a pandemic is fair enough)

Master
    I follow Brian's Coffee Spot - in his recent Travel Spots he goes into the steps necessary to travel to and from the US in some detail - talk about convoluted and off putting.

I recently returned from Fuerta Ventura (the day before a pre-return test became necessary - just coincidence, not an early escape). Apart from my passport and boarding pass nobody took much notice of my passenger locator form. The nearest it got to being inspected was at the final gate before boarding when I waved it vaguely in the direction of the lady behind the desk. It wasn't complete because I hadn't been able to get my vaccination certificate to download on to it. I had a paper copy of that and was expecting to have my PLF thoroughly checked and be requested to produce the vaccination certificate - not at all. Arriving back in Manchester nobody asked for it there either. Now maybe the system links all the info to your passport number so separate inspection of the other documents is unnecessary- but somehow I doubt it's that sophisticated.
    Completing the forms themselves was reasonably ok but a bit of a worry and hassle. It didn't help that the return requirement changed to a day two PCR while we were away, meaning the turbo trainer had to be set up once I got home until the negative result came back. This took 3 days - Monday evening to Friday morning but I know of a few people who simply have not had their results back weeks after returning.
    All in all it was nice to run and swim in warm conditions but I had only really gone to accompany my son who trains at a particular gym over there. We are due to return later this month but will cancel if given the option - our hotel is closed and last time we got the option if a refund or different hotel. I'd rather avoid the hassle and get my microspikes out instead of my sunglasses.

No one aware of vaccine passports or mandatory vaccines?

Maybe you don't work in the Health and Social Care Sector?
    https://lordslibrary.parliament.uk/m...t-regulations/
    It's mandatory and 1'000s have left the care sector and it's estimated that 100,000 will leave the NHS starting soon, as the first jab has to be done anytime soon.

As for the vaccine passports, you need them to enter certain venues as set out in legislation now by all 4 Home Nations. Maybe they haven't got their ducks in a row fully yet. I've also heard of people just being waved through in to football grounds, but the legal requirement is there.

In Wales for example https://gov.wales/get-your-nhs-covid-pass where they have also removed prior infection as a way of being "approved".
    How logical is that? The best immunity out there!

OK - well maybe it doesn't apply to you yet.

Meanwhile in New South Wales where health care workers were forced to resign or were sacked for refusing vaccination, they are now asking isolated staff to return to work if they are showing no symptoms.
    It's against the law, but needs must.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Definitely at football you can get in with a negative test, and don't "need" to have the vaccine passport.

Although agree on the management of it... tales abound of people just being waved through the turnstiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    ...it's estimated that 100,000 will leave the NHS starting soon...

Ah. One of those unsourced "estimates"...but surely you mean 1,000,000 or is it 10,000 or maybe only 10?

Never mind, lots of zeros are always convincing.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Ah. One of those unsourced "estimates"...but surely you mean 1,000,000 or is it 10,000 or maybe only 10?

Never mind, lots of zeros are always convincing.
    Hilarious as usual Graham. But as the NHS employs around 1.5 million and the estimate is around 10% still unvaccinated 100,000 is fairly close.
    And also then we have a large number of agency workers that will probably inflate any specific NHS figure.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...ovid-jabs.html
    Maybe the Mail article giving the DoH estimate will suffice for you.
    They think as many as 200,000.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Definitely at football you can get in with a negative test, and don't "need" to have the vaccine passport.

Although agree on the management of it... tales abound of people just being waved through the turnstiles.
    We have one LFT left in the house Travs.

Can't get one in Blackburn - pharmacies out of stock and they are being prioritised for certain sections of society.
    Probably the vaxxed
    Richard Taylor
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Hilarious as usual Graham.
    Well thank you! However I am a great believer in the principle that:

- facts are sacred

- opinions are free

- everybody has an agenda

- there is no such thing as "truth" (excepting Mr & Mrs Markle's utterances, of course)
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    - facts are sacred
    and my figures on the Healthcare staff affected was as close to factual as you are going to get.
    Richard Taylor
    Sid Waddell