Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Decline the jab

Sorry Witton😷. Close it down if it's an issue. Mindyou, what else is there to talk about??😂

so are you going to give me a £5k tax refund, or are we heading for an era of compulsory annual health checks where we get state sponsored vaccination cocktail, mandatory treatment for lurgies identified, hair follicle testing to check for alcohol, tobacco and narcotic consumption, BMI check with confinement to a Biggest Loser programme is not within tolerated levels......

Sounds great :/
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

No, I dont think so. This pandemic clearly falls outside of normal public health practise. Its akin to war. We need a wartime mentality for now which is different to peacetime. Mind you, Hancock is making a landgrab for control of PHE and NHS after the problems of the last year.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

OK, so I certainly plan to have the jab when it's offered to me and would encourage everyone else to do the same.

I think the antivaxxers probably consist of groups with diverse reasons for objecting to the vacination. These may range from religious beliefs, misinformation (so many people now get their 'news' from social media), and also from people who are perhaps taking a stand against authority and imposition (if only subtle social pressure). In the latter group I'd put the bloke who posted the following on another forum:

"Words such as ''pestilence''don't help either, this is not the plague, 0.03 percent of the global poulation have died of, with, or where covid was mentioned.

If you want high vaccine take up you have to explain why with a 99.8 percent recovery rate, with an average age of death of 82, anyone under 70 need take it and why manfacturers have no liability clauses. Surely if the vulnerable take it they'll be protected.

If people could see with their own eyes and through their own experience that this was on par with the Spanish flu. you wouldn't need to coerce people, they'd be lining up.

The constant lies, exagerations, threats, fear mongering and profiteering also give a great rise to distrust. Go and look at the corporations that have made good profits out of all this, including big pharma who now have 7.8 billion potential repeat customers, new strains, more deadly, vaccine passports, and the destruction of the high street and small independent free marketers."

While I don't wholly agree with him I think he has some relevant points that has put people's backs-up.
    Am Yisrael Chai

A year ago I might have felt some agreement with elements of that. But now we have learnt more about this bastard. I certainly dont want to catch it and play Russian roulette with long covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    OK, so I certainly plan to have the jab when it's offered to me and would encourage everyone else to do the same.

I think the antivaxxers probably consist of groups with diverse reasons for objecting to the vacination. These may range from religious beliefs, misinformation (so many people now get their 'news' from social media), and also from people who are perhaps taking a stand against authority and imposition (if only subtle social pressure). In the latter group I'd put the bloke who posted the following on another forum:

"Words such as ''pestilence''don't help either, this is not the plague, 0.03 percent of the global poulation have died of, with, or where covid was mentioned.

If you want high vaccine take up you have to explain why with a 99.8 percent recovery rate, with an average age of death of 82, anyone under 70 need take it and why manfacturers have no liability clauses. Surely if the vulnerable take it they'll be protected.

If people could see with their own eyes and through their own experience that this was on par with the Spanish flu. you wouldn't need to coerce people, they'd be lining up.

The constant lies, exagerations, threats, fear mongering and profiteering also give a great rise to distrust. Go and look at the corporations that have made good profits out of all this, including big pharma who now have 7.8 billion potential repeat customers, new strains, more deadly, vaccine passports, and the destruction of the high street and small independent free marketers."

While I don't wholly agree with him I think he has some relevant points that has put people's backs-up.
    I've come across a few reasons.

Two linked ones from my daughters. One is planning a second child so is advised against and the other intends to have a family and one of the caveats is affect on fertility.
    They are both still in their 20s and one works in the NHS.
    Neither can understand why the young would need this vaccine anyway and certainly don't feel it should be compelled.

But there's one person I spoke to recently who explained his reasons for his position as a middle aged bloke.

He had been in the forces, sent to war on the dodgy dosier and back home his family had a tragic event and he was stuck out in Iraq on a lie, unable to support his family personally.

Since then he had had a serious mistrust of the State.

To me it would seem irrational, but listening to him explain and I can see it is heartfelt and genuine and I realise I'm not in a position to make a judgement on his reasoning. It is personal to him.

I personally don't feel I need it, but will consider taking it when there is sufficient confidence in it that the suppliers are happy to accept liability.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    A year ago I might have felt some agreement with elements of that. But now we have learnt more about this bastard. I certainly don't want to catch it and play Russian roulette with long covid.
    I'm sure we used to call it post viral fatigue when I had long whatever it was back in the 80s once.

On a positive note, if we only vaccinate the over 70s and those with inherent vulnerabilities it should reduce the fatalities by around 95% and make it of little consequence.
    Richard Taylor
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Opting out of the NHS - it could catch on - £5000 tax refund for all who decide to do so - could be an attractive proposition.
    How much would private medical insurance cost and who would make the most money from the profits?

How will this help the lowest paid people in our UK society?

The big American health insurance companies are very, very keen for the UK to adopt their system of health insurance now that we have left the European Union and can negotation a new trade agreement with the USA.
    Fox Avatar "Protected" by Hester Cox - Printmaker

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    Around 1800 the first vaccine techniques were developed against it and in 1980 the last case of smallpox in the world was recorded.
    Would we have to wait another 180 years before we can eradicate covid? Its a long time to work from home!
    Fox Avatar "Protected" by Hester Cox - Printmaker

Quote Originally Posted by XRunner View Post
    How much would private medical insurance cost and who would make the most money from the profits?

How will this help the lowest paid people in our UK society?

The big American health insurance companies are very, very keen for the UK to adopt their system of health insurance now that we have left the European Union and can negotiation a new trade agreement with the USA.
    I'm not keen at all on the US system, but I quite like the look of some of those on the continent.

But the thrust of my point wasn't so much at the NHS as the State system of tax and spend.

We are born in to society, no one gets the choice to opt in or not. Our parents are told which school we should attend, a national curriculum is now in place setting out what we should study, we are told at what age we are allowed to leave, work, wed, party.....
    Now we are even told who we can see, where and when.
    We are told how much of our hard earned income we are allowed to keep and broadly speaking we have no say in how it is spent other than within very small margins of difference between Tory and Labour.

So if I am going to be told that I cannot access a service for which I pay tax for, I should then be able to say sorry HMRC but you are no longer going to take from my hard earned wage.

Breech of contract you might say.
    Richard Taylor
    Sid Waddell