Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Decline the jab

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Did anyone see that very unfortunate story from the Lake District involving Patterdale Mountain Rescue...?

Two guys wild camping on Red Screes... One developed chest pains and they had to call mountain rescue... unfortunately the mountain rescue guy sustained a nasty fall on the way up and was apparently seriously injured (i don't know to what extent or if life changing/threatening injuries).

Obviously the sanity of wild camping at this time of year may be questioned, not to mention in the current circumstances... then it turns out the two wild campers were from Leicester and Liverpool.

I believe they were each fined £200 by Cumbria Police (which does seem rather lenient)

I know this subject developed into something rather heated on more than one facebook page... i think we can probably all agree that it is a rather sad and unfortunate incident from start to finish...
    With respect Travs I don`t see where that post is relevant to the DECLINE THE JAB THREAD and feel it would be more appropriate in the INTERESTING thread where it would lead on from from the post I have quoted below, or even a thread of its own.

After all a thread with relevant posts has a better chance of being interesting longer, not looking for an argument just making an observation
    Last edited by JohnK; 08-02-2021 at 09:30 PM.
    The older I get the Faster I was

When Mountain Rescue collude with the Police to stop people using the outdoors--at the point they are alien to me.

Go away.

[QUOTE=JohnK;671842]With respect Travs I don`t see where that post is relevant to the DECLINE THE JAB THREAD and feel it would be more appropriate in the INTERESTING thread where it would lead on from from the post I have quoted below, or even a thread of its own.

After all a thread with relevant posts has a better chance of being interesting longer, not looking for an argument just making an observation[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with you... I mistakenly thought that topic was discussed in the locked off Covid thread, so dropped it in here.

Didn't want to start a new Covid-related thread as they never seem to end well!

[QUOTE=Travs;671844]
    Totally agree with you... I mistakenly thought that topic was discussed in the locked off Covid thread, so dropped it in here.

/QUOTE]

Relevant or not Travs at least it was interesting and so I say - if your thought is worthwhile then wherever you post it, viewers will come!
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    You wouldn't think so if you saw the NHS letter my mother received this morning; same sort of tone and approach you get from the BBC when you don't pay your TV licence even when you haven't got a TV

The main body of the letter was in English, but the sections on how to book your appointment were in: English, Arabic, Bengali, Spanish, Farsi, Gujarati, Hindi, Kurdish, Chinese, Nepali, Punjabi, Polish, Romanian, Somali, Albanian, Tagalog, Urdu

Notably, it wasn't in Welsh, French, Italian, German ...
    Yes, but if you attend for your vaccination you are very thoroughly grilled about allergies and vaccination reactions. The letter has a purpose...to maximise uptake. Its not personal. There is no way someone would be forced to have the vacc with a history of adverse reaction. Take it from someone who has been there!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Yes, but if you attend for your vaccination you are very thoroughly grilled about allergies and vaccination reactions. The letter has a purpose...to maximise uptake. Its not personal. There is no way someone would be forced to have the vacc with a history of adverse reaction. Take it from someone who has been there!
    and if your history of adverse reaction is just about to record it's first incident?
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    and if your history of adverse reaction is just about to record it's first incident?
    Then it's a future, not a history.

Glad I could help

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    So no-one ever takes antibiotics for a bacterial infection, just in case they might get their first adverse reaction?

I'm with JohnK on this one: there is a possibility that something might go wrong when I have the jab, but the likelihood and severity of Long Covid is far worse.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Marco, you don't expect joined up thinking do you?? Its just a computer spitting out letters because no-one has told it not too!
    A cathedral is probably a better environment than a doctors surgery if you think about. But, yes, the only time I've felt uncomfortable about social distancing was when I was being jostled in the queue for the Jab at University College Hospital! Furthermore, they expected me to fill in the safety questionnaire with a grotty biro that had been handled by who many knows before me! I insisted they get me a fresh pen and the receptionist admitted that it had not occurred to them!!! Give me strength!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Well if it is a first incident then iy quite clearly is not a history...
    Mike Hind
    Borrowdale Fell runners