I love living in the North Pennines, and while the running doesn't quite have the loft majesty of the Lake, or the challenging gradients of other places, their elevated isolation and bleak no-nonsense bulk never fails to lift the spirits. However, when snow covered, and that's not infrequently for weeks on end in winter, running over snow and drifts can be a right pain. It's not so much the climbs, but the level tops, which with a decent covering become a challenge with each footfall being uncertain, varying for a few inches of snow, or if over a peat hag, up to your thigh. Different degrees of frozen surface and depending if there are tufts of grass below or not, makes each step uncertain. It's like you're stumbling every other stride. No doubt it has a training benefit, but it's a chew.

Today, I spotted a couple of walkers out snowshoeing, and thought I'd research to see if there are any shoes suitable for running.

A quick Amazon search came up with these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Yukon-Run-U..._id=3076842031

Not cheap, but there are many more expensive.

Anyone had an experience of 'running' snowshoes?