Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Couch to 169K..... or bust

Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    I'm now on a healthy eating campaign going forward. I was 12 stone 11 on Monday morning and my aim is to shift over a stone of that over the coming few months.
    How tall are you?

When I feel fat I imagine an extra stone in terms of 28 tubs of lard I could do without.

It helps!
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    How tall are you?
    (
    I’m a smidge under 5 ft 7. And yep I’m not a racing whippet - more like a small slightly stocky rugby fly half

I’m a smidge under 5 ft 7. And yep I’m not a racing whippet - more like a small slightly stocky rugby fly half
    Well without that stone you'll be a gazelle again. Ish.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Master
    Similar height - 9 stone 11 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    Similar height - 9 stone 11 lbs.
    Haha positively scrawny. My fighting fit super trim weight is about 11 Stone 7. Using my best interviewee technique, my biggest weakness is my upper body strength

Haha positively scrawny. My fighting fit super trim weight is about 11 Stone 7. Using my best interviewee technique, my biggest weakness is my upper body strength
    Snap, on the biggest weakness front and good luck with your run next week.

At the back end of last year I was hovering around 12 to 12 1/2 stones feeling heavy for 5'10" . However with 2 months of mainly niggle free running, cycling and walking I find my self dead on 11 stone, which feels good.

I have continued to eat what I want, including far too much bread, but the pub being shut has obviously helped!

My concern is that all the good work might be lost following my surgery next week but hopefully the turbo will keep me ticking over. I don't have Zwift or anything like that so I might put a photograph of Graham's 28 tubs of lard on the wall to keep me at it!
    Last edited by Llani Boy; 17-03-2021 at 11:33 AM.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

sounds like i'm the forum giant in terms of height/weight...

a smidgen under 12.5 stone currently, but 6ft2"

I'm in the Mike T scrawny category. 5'9" and ten stone.

Having said that, I still have to lose a few pounds every year to shed my winter padding. My normal approach is a mixture of more training and no-carb lunches. I find I can lose pounds a week this way.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    I'm in the Mike T scrawny category. 5'9" and ten stone.

Having said that, I still have to lose a few pounds every year to shed my winter padding. My normal approach is a mixture of more training and no-carb lunches. I find I can lose pounds a week this way.
    Poached Egg not on Toast or Boiled Egg without Soldiers just does not work!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Blimey I have to say that my younger daughter, who is a super duper fit elite CrossFit coach probably weighs more than most of you lot. In my defence I also work out at the gym (but haven’t been able to since maybe lockdown 2 - I’ve lost track to be honest). Working on all round fitness and upper body strength doesn’t make for a slick fell running machine I guess and sometimes running into a head wind I feel like I’m running with a parachute deployed. That’s my excuse anyway
    Last edited by Fellbeast; 17-03-2021 at 02:49 PM.