Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Kendal calling!

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    Excellent stuff - guess you are feeling pretty giddy right now? I know I am - even threw out half a dozen pairs of shoes from the cluttered understairs this afternoon, and we won't even be there for another two months!
    Yes it's feeling quite "real" now. Ordering/organising furniture and deliveries, trips up with vans etc.

Obviously at the forefront is getting my shoes on and getting out on the tops! Wainwrights Far Eastern Fells has been getting a lot of use the past few days!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Yes it's feeling quite "real" now. Ordering/organising furniture and deliveries, trips up with vans etc.

Obviously at the forefront is getting my shoes on and getting out on the tops! Wainwrights Far Eastern Fells has been getting a lot of use the past few days!
    Exciting! All those fells to get to know.

Master
    Sorry folks sold out but there is a waiting list :-

https://www.kendalcalling.co.uk/lineup

Not for me (Despite a good line up) I won`t be attending any super spreader events for a while on or off the fells.

Good luck all
    Last edited by JohnK; 27-03-2021 at 10:17 PM.
    The older I get the Faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    Sorry folks sold out but there is a waiting list :-

https://www.kendalcalling.co.uk/lineup

Not for me (Despite a good line up) I won`t be attending any super spreader events for a while on or off the fells.

Good luck all
    Just looking at the main photo on your link JK gives me the jips.

Why anyone would want to put themselves into a crowd like that again, is beyond me.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post

Why anyone would want to put themselves into a crowd like that again, is beyond me.
    Aren't such events past their sell by date? Even pre-Covid the mess they left behind was totally unacceptable.

I was heavily into the "underground" dance music scene in the late 90's and early 2000's... whilst i have no desire to go to anything like that, the demand for raves and festivals is still massive and most events have sold out immediately.

Master

I would guess that if you head for any of the uk tourist honeypots this summer you will find scenes reminiscent of the picture of Kendal calling festival.

I won`t be venturing out during the day but will be going out onto the fells overnight unless too many people have the same idea
    Last edited by JohnK; 28-03-2021 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    I would guess that if you head for any of the uk tourist honeypots this summer you will find scenes reminiscent of the picture of Kendal calling festival.

I won`t be venturing out during the day but will be going out onto the fells overnight unless too many people have the same idea
    I find April/May are wonderful months, providing the ideal window for heading out for a night's wild bivvy. The days are longer, the weather is usually less relentlessly wet, and best of all the midges and ticks aren't out and about, or if they are, they lack their summertime vigour and enthusiasm.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    I find April/May are wonderful months, providing the ideal window for heading out for a night's wild bivvy. The days are longer, the weather is usually less relentlessly wet, and best of all the midges and ticks aren't out and about, or if they are, they lack their summertime vigour and enthusiasm.
    Spot on you can`t beat watching the sun go down as you brew up and get your Bivvy sorted in a nice remote spot far from the madding crowd and then brewing up again as the sunrises again a few hours later, most of my fondest memories are of overnighting on the hills of England, Scotland Wales and yes April and May ( i have to say though I have picked up many Ticks on the Scottish hills in May) can be a little more predictable but I also enjoy the challenge of so called adversity, because that is where hillcraft is learned and practiced.
    Last edited by JohnK; 28-03-2021 at 09:29 PM.

We're heading across to South Cumbria in the next few months.
    Jobs secured (remote for me with one 2-day trip to site a week; Lancaster for wife).
    Current house on the market at more than we expected and plenty of interest.
    Renting first, so we can find the right place to buy. Ideally want to end up outside of Kendal.
    All very exciting but lots of balls to be juggled. Hoping to get round some rental properties in a few weeks. Buying will be quite vicious when we get there I think.
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy