Thread: FAO PeteS

FAO PeteS

One that might interest you. Someone from Mercia Fellrunners has set this up and publicised it on the Shropshire Fell Running Facebook page...

https://trailrunwestmidlands.co.uk/m...T34I9cb_QySHK8

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Cheers Pete!

That sounds like a good day out. Of course, in non-lockdown times, I would normally be doing the Clent/Waseley half on a regular basis. Sadly not at the moment but I have discovered more miles of local footpaths this year as a consequence.
    I combined the Clent, Waseley and Lickey hills into a cycling round a while back but never thought about running it so I'll try and have a pop at this in parts and see how it goes. Cycling, I also throw in Wast Hills (and sometimes Frankley) which would make for quite a run - probably another 10 miles and 1000ft on top?
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

I don't know the area in question at all, to be quite honest.

The Gill Harris Round in the Long Mynd is worth a look too... actually it's a good fell challenge, and probably more scope for route choices.
    Last edited by Travs; 01-03-2021 at 07:24 PM.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    I don't know the area in question at all, to be quite honest.

The Gill Harris Round in the Long Mynd is worth a look too... actually it's a good fell challenge, and probably more scope for route choices.
    Most of the this Midlands tops was an old trail race (North Worcestershire Hills??) which was probably not far off a CL. I think it started and finished at Rednal so didn't make it as far as the Lickeys. It later lost the tougher Clent end and was resurrected as the Waseley Wobbler.

Yes - I've looked at the Gill Harris round and thought I'd have a go at that in the (hopefully) not too distant future. Clockwise or anticlockwise though...??
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post

Yes - I've looked at the Gill Harris round and thought I'd have a go at that in the (hopefully) not too distant future. Clockwise or anticlockwise though...??
    I went anti-clockwise on my "fast" attempt (and indeed on my first go too). Like the Long Mynd Valleys race, it leaves the majority of the climbing until the end...

And I think most attempts go anti-clockwise.

However if/when I try it again, I'm thinking of going clockwise, blasting the climbs out, then hanging on in the 2nd half.