Quote Originally Posted by SCOOT View Post
There's a big Hoo Ha about these changes at the moment as the big camper conversion companies can't get the V5 doc changed to camper van either. As you say the van has to have the appearance of a camper and as such it must have a permanent fixed high top roof and not a "pop top". I used to convert my own vans and had no problem and now have a one from Camper King that I got 2 years ago before the change to the regs so I'm okay but the same model today, although identical is a van with windows and therefore subject to the lower speed limits. I would argue that they fit the rules for a "multi purpous vehicle" and therefore okay despite what the V5 says but you would have to attnd court and argue your case. I'm suprised there hasn't been a test case.
Interesting article on this here:
https://www.parkers.co.uk/vans-picku...-speed-limits/

Seems reasonable that if you have a VW California (which is classed on the V5C as a motorcaravan) should be legally the same as a VW transporter that has been converted to the same spec. Not sure whether I'd be brave enough to contest that in court though!