Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: The Meghan Interview

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    I’m with you 110% but, demonstrating just how ‘close’ I follow all this, I didn’t even know she was having a chat with Oprah
    By "chat" I presume you mean scripted, rehearsed, multi-taked,heavily produced and closely edited mini-version of Gone With The Wind?

    This is Hollywood after all, Meghan is an actress and Ladies and Gentlemen. It's Show-time!
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 06-03-2021 at 01:54 PM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

  2. #12
    Master Mossdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Teesdale
    Posts
    1,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    I think we should all "take the knee" for the duration, to show that we care.
    Interesting piece in Unherd yesterday https://unherd.com/2021/03/how-megha...nd=1&tl_groups[0]=18743&tl_period_type=3&mc_cid=bc8f6132c4&mc_eid=6 f90f4801e

    Entitled (no pun intended!) "How Meghan won. In their dream world, the Sussexes remain blissfully unaware of their fall from grace".

    I feel really sorry for Harry. He seemed a good bloke, albeit very impressionable.
    Eat more cake because life is shorter than you thi...

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    Interesting piece in Unherd yesterday https://unherd.com/2021/03/how-megha...nd=1&tl_groups[0]=18743&tl_period_type=3&mc_cid=bc8f6132c4&mc_eid=6 f90f4801e

    Entitled (no pun intended!) "How Meghan won. In their dream world, the Sussexes remain blissfully unaware of their fall from grace".

    I feel really sorry for Harry. He seemed a good bloke, albeit very impressionable.
    A very eloquent piece of writing.

    I must admit I did once watch Oprah when she interviewed another paragon of virtue.

    I think his name was Lance Armstrong.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

  4. #14
    Master Mossdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Teesdale
    Posts
    1,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    A very eloquent piece of writing.

    I must admit I did once watch Oprah when she interviewed another paragon of virtue.

    I think his name was Lance Armstrong.
    Personally, I think I'll wait to see the Sussexes and Ali G interview.
    Eat more cake because life is shorter than you thi...

  5. #15
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ambleside
    Posts
    3,569
    According to that reliable source, twitter, there are 11 anti-Meghan stories in today's Daily Mail.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    897
    Here is a good twitter thread about how the media treated Meghan.

    https://twitter.com/snigskitchen/sta...068942336?s=21

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    897
    I hope you are all ready.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    568
    Quote Originally Posted by millipede View Post
    Here is a good twitter thread about how the media treated Meghan.

    https://twitter.com/snigskitchen/sta...068942336?s=21
    That is brilliant. Well not brilliant for Meghan obviously but brilliant all the same

  9. #19
    Moderator noel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Mountains of Cheshire
    Posts
    5,747
    That's amazing that these non-stories are spun in such different ways. It makes you wonder whether the Meghan stories are intended to pander to the key demographic of the readership, or intended to lead them. What conversations were going on:
    Journalist: Boss, I've got a picture of Meghan. How shall we run it?
    Sub-editor: Anti-Meghan stories are very popular at the moment and are driving on-line advertising sales. Let's run it that way.

  10. #20
    Master Hank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lancaster
    Posts
    1,887
    Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    That's amazing that these non-stories are spun in such different ways. It makes you wonder whether the Meghan stories are intended to pander to the key demographic of the readership, or intended to lead them...
    Impossible to know I guess, though fairly predictable in terms of their preferred narrative around the royal family and Meghan. She's always being considered an outsider in some parts of the media and that's playing out now in pretty spectacular style.
    Geoff Clarke
    Lancaster Runners

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •