Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Meghan Interview

Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    I’m with you 110% but, demonstrating just how ‘close’ I follow all this, I didn’t even know she was having a chat with Oprah
    By "chat" I presume you mean scripted, rehearsed, multi-taked,heavily produced and closely edited mini-version of Gone With The Wind?

This is Hollywood after all, Meghan is an actress and Ladies and Gentlemen. It's Show-time!
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 06-03-2021 at 01:54 PM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    I think we should all "take the knee" for the duration, to show that we care.
    Interesting piece in Unherd yesterday https://unherd.com/2021/03/how-megha...nd=1&tl_groups[0]=18743&tl_period_type=3&mc_cid=bc8f6132c4&mc_eid=6 f90f4801e

Entitled (no pun intended!) "How Meghan won. In their dream world, the Sussexes remain blissfully unaware of their fall from grace".

I feel really sorry for Harry. He seemed a good bloke, albeit very impressionable.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    Interesting piece in Unherd yesterday https://unherd.com/2021/03/how-megha...nd=1&tl_groups[0]=18743&tl_period_type=3&mc_cid=bc8f6132c4&mc_eid=6 f90f4801e

Entitled (no pun intended!) "How Meghan won. In their dream world, the Sussexes remain blissfully unaware of their fall from grace".

I feel really sorry for Harry. He seemed a good bloke, albeit very impressionable.
    A very eloquent piece of writing.

I must admit I did once watch Oprah when she interviewed another paragon of virtue.

I think his name was Lance Armstrong.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    A very eloquent piece of writing.

I must admit I did once watch Oprah when she interviewed another paragon of virtue.

I think his name was Lance Armstrong.
    Personally, I think I'll wait to see the Sussexes and Ali G interview.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Master
    According to that reliable source, twitter, there are 11 anti-Meghan stories in today's Daily Mail.

Here is a good twitter thread about how the media treated Meghan.

https://twitter.com/snigskitchen/sta...068942336?s=21

I hope you are all ready.

Quote Originally Posted by millipede View Post
    Here is a good twitter thread about how the media treated Meghan.

https://twitter.com/snigskitchen/sta...068942336?s=21
    That is brilliant. Well not brilliant for Meghan obviously but brilliant all the same

That's amazing that these non-stories are spun in such different ways. It makes you wonder whether the Meghan stories are intended to pander to the key demographic of the readership, or intended to lead them. What conversations were going on:
    Journalist: Boss, I've got a picture of Meghan. How shall we run it?
    Sub-editor: Anti-Meghan stories are very popular at the moment and are driving on-line advertising sales. Let's run it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    That's amazing that these non-stories are spun in such different ways. It makes you wonder whether the Meghan stories are intended to pander to the key demographic of the readership, or intended to lead them...
    Impossible to know I guess, though fairly predictable in terms of their preferred narrative around the royal family and Meghan. She's always being considered an outsider in some parts of the media and that's playing out now in pretty spectacular style.
    Geoff Clarke