Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm falling apart

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Managed a relatively relaxing week in Wales last week but after a long ride on Sunday, I'm feeling sore in all the wrong places. Definitely still not up to any running so booked physio for next week - see if they can advise in best course of action.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    Managed a relatively relaxing week in Wales last week but after a long ride on Sunday, I'm feeling sore in all the wrong places. Definitely still not up to any running so booked physio for next week - see if they can advise in best course of action.
    Let us know how you get on Pete.

My Baker's Cyst has now been officially diagnosed following an MRI (and initially an earlier physio assessment discounting it as a possible diagnosis!) so as to rule out "anything suspicious". It's been there for months now and it's clearly not going away. I've got used to injuries lingering much longer over the last few years, compared to when I was younger, but it looks like me and my buddy Mr Baker might sail through the rest of our life together

I'm not really complaining as the daily, albeit somewhat attenuated, running routine at least allows me out onto the fells and I've had a (very) few longer outings to the Hows and the Lakes. However, I'm trying to cultivate some mindful equanimity that sees some modest fell running (and fell walking/rowing)as a better option than flinging caution completely to the wind and literally going for broke.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    Let us know how you get on Pete.

My Baker's Cyst has now been officially diagnosed following an MRI (and initially an earlier physio assessment discounting it as a possible diagnosis!) so as to rule out "anything suspicious". It's been there for months now and it's clearly not going away. I've got used to injuries lingering much longer over the last few years, compared to when I was younger, but it looks like me and my buddy Mr Baker might sail through the rest of our life together

I'm not really complaining as the daily, albeit somewhat attenuated, running routine at least allows me out onto the fells and I've had a (very) few longer outings to the Hows and the Lakes. However, I'm trying to cultivate some mindful equanimity that sees some modest fell running (and fell walking/rowing)as a better option than flinging caution completely to the wind and literally going for broke.
    Thanks MD - Will post after visiting physio.
    Whilst a Baker's cyst is certainly not great at least you have a diagnosis and can therefore manage accordingly. I hope you enjoy what running and fell walking you can do - very envious of your proximity to the Howgills and Lakes. Could do with a dose of that now!