Thread: Todays Injury

Todays Injury

Respecting our demographic, I thought its time to put up an appropriate 'Todays' thread that is more relevant to our day to day experience!
    Today, I have mainly been knackering my Ilio-Lumbar ligament. Ow!!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Respecting our demographic, I thought its time to put up an appropriate 'Todays' thread that is more relevant to our day to day experience!
    Today, I have mainly been knackering my Ilio-Lumbar ligament. Ow!!
    Good call Wheeze. I was wondering myself the other day about the trajectory of my own 'athletic' progress and pondering at what point the phrase 'I'm plateauing' shifted from being a cause of exercise concern to one of exercise achievement !
    Am Yisrael Chai

Could we have a schematic diagram of the human body, for those of us that do not know the medical terms.
    We could just point an arrow at the bit that hurts most, I usually have a couple of arrows when I get up in the morning 🙁.

Moley, have you not heard of Dr Google??
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

The daily prize should go to the person who can injure the most arcane structure!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

I've been off running for about a week now with lower back pain. Maybe ilio-lumbar; perhaps in conjunction with hip flexors. I now have some exercises to do having seen a physio on-line. Fingers crossed...

I received the predicted bollocking off my Physio this morning for having overdone it on the bike yesterday.

I found it strange being told off by someone when I could only see their eyes.

Beautiful green eyes mind you!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

I had a physio up welshpool way, she was top notch, had toured with Brit teams around the world and went back to the Coe & Ovett era.

She put the fear of god in me on my first ever visit, "if you do not do exactly as I say I will never treat you again, no running for 6 weeks means ....etc." Could see she meant it too, scary woman.

When she did acupuncture once on my Achilles she missed slightly with the needle, my leg shot up and nearly knocked her our, but she was so scary, I was the one that apologized!

My hamstring has been extremely tight, and painful, since early January.
    I ran last night 2 miles, super slow. This morning it was not as bad as other mornings, so maybe it's slowly getting better.

Luckily it doesn't bother my cycling. Because of covid I can't swim (I'm bad anyway), but with home office I have extra time and flexibility for cycling.

Hopefully the back's fixed. Although my hamstrings and/or muscles are still quite tight after a few weeks of not running and then stretching.