Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today’s droning

Today’s droning

Well yesterday’s actually. The top of Whernside at dawn

I had forgotten just how impressive Whernside is especially that steep side climbed on the 3Ps.

I do however find the annoying drone of drones, just that, annoying.
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

Quote Originally Posted by bigfella View Post
    I had forgotten just how impressive Whernside is especially that steep side climbed on the 3Ps.

I do however find the annoying drone of drones, just that, annoying.
    Yesterday I went up and down the old walker’s path which runs parallel to the 3P fell race climb, but 300 yards or so to the left/south west. The last bit is equally steep

As for the drone of drones, well mine is only a tiddler and I purposely look to fly it when no one else is about. That usually means better light too. My dog Harry goes mental if he hears a drone. He doesn’t much like hang gliders, hot air balloons or people flying kites either

Beautiful. Nice one.

Master
    I can`t stand the use of casual droning i would rather spend the money spent on drones on parascending, hot air ballooning or paragliding, all of which give you a short spell where you can connect with your environment and take in unsurpassed views.

Mind you I have no problem with the professional use of a drone.
    Last edited by JohnK; 10-04-2021 at 11:57 AM.
    The older I get the Faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    I can`t stand the use of casual droning i would rather spend the money spent on drones on parascending, hot air ballooning or paragliding.

Mind you I have no problem with the professional use of a drone.
    Thanks for your critique

Occasionally get 'em buzzing over our house. Of course, it might just be someone enjoying their hobby, but what if its crims scoping out the place for a raid? We live in the country and its really unnerving.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Brilliant, I post a video of me flying a drone on top of a mountain in the middle of nowhere with not a soul around and I get criticised a) for the noise (if a tree falls in a forest and all that..) and b) the intrusiveness (nobody’s back yard was violated in the making of this video)

Negative people being negative

I think its just a general feeling about drones. Do you only fly it on the top of a hill when theres no one around?
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    I think its just a general feeling about drones. Do you only fly it on the top of a hill when theres no one around?
    I absolutely only fly it out in the wilds when nobodys around. At or around dawn in fact. You get better light too so it’s win win. I too live in the country and I’d too be concerned about anyone that would fly a drone into my back yard. But that’s not the only thing I’d be concerned about - one of my neighbours does clay pigeon shooting at weird times of the day, another kills moles and hangs them on wire fences, another sniper rifles foxes. In the scheme of things drone flying at dawn miles from anywhere is quite tame