Thread: Noisy Around Here

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill

Noisy Around Here

A thread for discussion of drones, RAF low-flying exercises, tourists playing music loudly, etc., which really shouldn't be appearing on the Quiet Around Here thread.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    A thread for discussion of drones, RAF low-flying exercises, tourists playing music loudly, etc., which really shouldn't be appearing on the Quiet Around Here thread.
    Can I suggest the etc. includes friggin motorcyclists, revving, howling and screeching up and down the dale which over the last week have heralded another summer of Barry Sheene (RIP -insert more recent moto hero) wannabes, who usually turn out to be lardy-arsed, beer bellied, 50 plus year olds. Phew...glad I got that off my chest. I feel lighter already. Thanks Anthony

PS I don't mind the dolcet tones of a Ducati twin or a Laverda Jota, and of course I'll naturally excuse any pre-1990 Triumph/BSA/Norton twins or triples or similar of that ilk.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Master
    How about a 1986 BMW R65 are they aloud down the Dale?
    The older I get the Faster I was

I'm 100% with you Mossdog. The high pitched scream of a 4 cylinder sports bike with race cans is intensely irritating and carries for miles. Often when I am up in the Beacons on a summer's day it's a constant irritation even if you cannot hear other traffic. I gather sound-cams are being developed to prosecute this blight.
    And I speak as an owner of a Laverda, a Ducati 900ss and a Yam XS650!

Threw a microwave out onto the lawn for the gipsies to collect... all fine and dandy...

But they turned up at 6am this morning, then appeared to empty their van and rearrange it at maximum volume, right outside the window.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Hot hatches with stupidly loud exhausts and overly tinted windows seem to have become commonplace. I'm not sure how these are legal - they probably aren't. The A456 dual carriageway also now serves as a race track on which to drive these every evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Threw a microwave out onto the lawn for the gipsies to collect... all fine and dandy...

But they turned up at 6am this morning, then appeared to empty their van and rearrange it at maximum volume, right outside the window.
    Have you checked that they've not taken your new bike as well!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-56799755

Imagine you're a little green man, sitting quietly in your garden on Mars, when some b****y earthling starts flying a drone over you.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Just waiting for very noisy thunderstorm to pass before going out for a run.

Lawn white with hailstones.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog