I hope someone on here can help.

Signed a 12 month Assured Shorthold tenancy last year, expires on 28/09.
Having not heard anything at all, with 28 days left, thought I better do something about it.
Being willing to stay where I am to avoid lots of hassle, I phoned estate agents to extend agreement for another 12 months.
Only to be informed they had already rented it out to someone else for the next 12 months.
I wasn;t even aware anyone had looked around whilst I wasn't here! (god knows what state it was in)
To cut a long story short, my complaints have fallen on deaf ears, they just want to sell me somewhere else. They say they are sorry, they have forgotten to send me a letter to tell me
Obviously I don;t want to stay with such a load of bandits so have found somewhere else to live. (Beeston)
However, every one I've spoken to tells me they are out of order

So having done a bit of internet research, it seems the Housing Act 1997 requires 2 months written notice before they want me to move out, even at the end of the 12 month period.

Does anyone know if this is correct and where I would stand legally?

I've tried getting hold of Leeds CAB throughout Fri and today but they must be low on staff as I cant get through.

In the meantime I'm also going through the ombudsman process as their response has been awful.

If I can take further action then I will...