Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Todays Run

  1. #1
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Over Haddon
    Posts
    2,081

    Todays Run

    I've started this thread because I don't class my runs as training or permitted exercise. They are just runs!

    This evenings RATrun was from the Packhorse Inn at Crowdicote which is just a few yards from the Staffordshire border. Nine of us set off along a farm track which led to a footbridge over the river Dove and into Staffordshire.

    Steeply up through fields to cross the Longnor/Sheen road and down the other side into the Manifold Valley. Across several fields to Brund and then back up to Sheen and down towards Hartington, but before getting there back up to the ridge and on to Harris Close, and after 200yds of tarmac, back down to, and over, the river Dove into Derbyshire at Pilsbury. A lovely grassy mile back up the valley into a beautiful setting sun over Chrome Hill, to the Packhorse.

    Thirsts were slaked in the beer garden with Storm Brewing's very good Desert Storm accompanied with bowls of chips. The first pub drink since lockdown easing for all of us and very enjoyable it was too.

    A splendid 8 miles, 1,020 feet in 1hr 15mins. No others seen and the Inov8 Trailfly Ultras G300 failed to make an appearance as promised. He's saving them for a run up Snowdon on Saturday!
    Last edited by Llani Boy; 22-04-2021 at 11:59 PM.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

  2. #2
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ambleside
    Posts
    3,847
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    I've started this thread because I don't class my runs as training or permitted exercise. They are just runs!

    This evenings RATrun was from the Packhorse Inn at Crowdicote which is just a few yards from the Staffordshire border. Nine of us set off along a farm track which led to a footbridge over the river Dove and into Staffordshire.

    Steeply up through fields to cross the Longnor/Sheen road and down the other side into the Manifold Valley. Across several fields to Brund and then back up to Sheen and down towards Hartington, but before getting there back up to the ridge and on to Harris Close, and after 200yds of tarmac, back down to, and over, the river Dove into Derbyshire at Pilsbury. A lovely grassy mile back up the valley into a beautiful setting sun over Chrome Hill, to the Packhorse.

    Thirsts were slaked in the beer garden with Storm Brewing's very good Desert Storm accompanied with bowls of chips. The first pub drink since lockdown easing for all of us and very enjoyable it was too.

    A splendid 8 miles, 1,020 feet in 1hr 15mins. No others seen and the Inov8 Trailfly Ultras G300 failed to make an appearance as promised. He's saving them for a run up Snowdon on Saturday!
    It is a shame that runs are being split over 2 threads - or 3 if you count training. I have raised this before.

    I was looking forward to another opinion on the Trailflys - I know some do not like them - one reviewer feels he has been censored on FB for saying so.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    913
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    It is a shame that runs are being split over 2 threads - or 3 if you count training. I have raised this before.
    Exactly. What is the forum coming too? Today's training is sacrosanct. Does no one observe tradition anymore?

  4. #4
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Over Haddon
    Posts
    2,081
    Quote Originally Posted by millipede View Post
    Exactly. What is the forum coming too? Today's training is sacrosanct. Does no one observe tradition anymore?
    I'm more than happy to bin this thread I started but I just feel a bit of a fraud calling my random running efforts training compared to others, especially Travs, who have so much structure to their work!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •