Thread: Safeguarding Modules: £10.

Master

Safeguarding Modules: £10.

My UKA coaching licence runs out soon. To renew it I need to do an enhanced criminal records check, provide a photo, and pay £10 to do 2 safeguarding modules.

£10 is just 4 coffees, but it is the principle.

How to encourage ongoing volunteer coaching.

"18 Mar 2019 — Safeguarding module 1. As announced in November, UKA have introduced a new safeguarding course for coaches to ensure they have the essential skills they need in ... The course, which is subsidised, costs £10 to access."

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    My feeling is that your club should pay the fee for you. The idea of people paying to volunteer just doesn't seem right to me
    I was my club Chairman for a time and I agree. It isn't about the money but the "message".
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Master
    Well, I have done my two Safeguarding modules, and passed the questions. The web pages are quite clever in that they keep changing the method of progressing, which helped to keep me alert. Not sure if the content was worth £10 and the time involved, but I guess I am more likely to remember the important bits of information having had it delivered this way. Now I just need to work out how to download a recent passport style photo.
    Last edited by Mike T; 04-06-2021 at 06:33 PM.