Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gareth

Gareth

I'm very proud to say I went for a run, a swim in the river and a salted caramel real ale on Wednesday. I still got home for extra time so I didn't waste my evening.....

But are we not going to have a thread about how nice Gareth is?

Fancy spoiling real ale by putting salted caramel in it!

My local had a raspberry flavoured real ale the other day. I love raspberry's but in real ale, no thanks.

As for Gareth, I've no idea how nice he is as I find I fall asleep whenever I hear him speak!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by millipede View Post
    I'm very proud to say I went for a run, a swim in the river and a salted caramel real ale on Wednesday. I still got home for extra time so I didn't waste my evening.....

But are we not going to have a thread about how nice Gareth is?
    "nice" as in deadly dull?
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Sorry, but football stuff is either above or below my pay grade. Not a clue.
    When is the b****y ⚽ coming home?

If the FA has banned GPS then I suspect it will be lost forever!

Nice isn't interesting. Crazy, weird people are box office. Having said that, nice seems to be working at the moment, so long may it continue.

I've been saying since early in the tournament that Italy will win it.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    I've been saying since early in the tournament that Italy will win it.
    We have no evidence of that Noel.

You should have done a prediction thread

I must admit to also thinking Italy would win it from the off.

However i think England start as slight favourites today. The home advantage, and the comparative ease of our route to the final, perhaps swing it in our favour for tonights one-off match.

Gareth's coaching skills laid bare. Negative, negative, negative tactics. England were one of the poorest teams in the competition and it would have been a travesty if they had won tonight. They have had so much luck and I did think that their name was on the trophy.

And as for bringing two subs on for penalties. Gareth is a far bigger turnip than Graham Taylor ever was!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Master
    I think skills with the ball - including penalty taking - was the difference between the 2 teams. The Italians were happy to receive the ball - indeed they wanted it - despite having several opponents close by, whereas the English, under the same pressure, seemed to not want it. In the 2 semi-finals, the difference in the number and proximity of opponents to the player with the ball seemed quite marked.

It is a shame some of the commentators still think that penalties are not a good way to decide the outcome - it is one of the best sporting spectacles there is, up there with a batsman facing a world class fast bowler, or a sprint finish in Le Tour.