Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon's Back Race 2021

Dragon's Back Race 2021

Race starts on Monday morning. Now 6 days, finishing at Cardiff Castle on Saturday.

Tracker here: https://live.opentracking.co.uk/dragonsbackrace2021/

I'm number 418 if at all interested.
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Good luck. Should be decent weather for it. We'll be watching with interest.

Master
    All the best have fun.
    The older I get the Faster I was

Good luck ba-ba

Good luck, first year we haven't marshalled but plan to be out on the bike Thursday on the approaches to Rhandirmwyn and will look out for your number. Unfortunately the pub is closed that day so can't buy you a pint - or have one myself!
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Well ba-ba has gone hurtling off!
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Also interested to see what Matt O Keefe (MDC) does. He's gone off even quicker than ba-ba.... I had a good race with him on a medium race in the summer, but he confided that he was training for much longer stuff (although he didn't mention the DBR!)

Always places very near the front in the South Wales races, and pretty sure was top 10 at the Welsh 1000m in July.
    Last edited by Travs; 06-09-2021 at 10:56 AM.

I've been dot watching today following an old friend from Llanidloes, Lenny Hughes.

I'm new to this dot watching and would like a couple of things, which are probably obvious but I can't work out, explained.

Firstly the time in the top right corner. I am assuming that the clock started at midnight but the majority of runners have taken around 12 to 13 hours to get to Ogwen! Am I right in thinking they actually started at a more sociable time this morning?

Secondly the "live" feed in the bottom left sees runners going through the arch in in both directions. Again I assume it is a checkpoint presumably at Ogwen due to the tarmac.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    ba-ba still going well (6th, I think), although he may be having trouble fighting his way through all the "Technical Safety" and "Media Team" people crowding along Crib Goch.

Edit: I think he is 8th. I have just noticed that there are two leaders way out ahead, already down from Snowdon.
    Last edited by anthonykay; 06-09-2021 at 03:17 PM.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    I've been dot watching today following an old friend from Llanidloes, Lenny Hughes.

I'm new to this dot watching and would like a couple of things, which are probably obvious but I can't work out, explained.

Firstly the time in the top right corner. I am assuming that the clock started at midnight but the majority of runners have taken around 12 to 13 hours to get to Ogwen! Am I right in thinking they actually started at a more sociable time this morning?

Secondly the "live" feed in the bottom left sees runners going through the arch in in both directions. Again I assume it is a checkpoint presumably at Ogwen due to the tarmac.
    The time is just the time of day, not related to start times. I think they started at 0700, so the leaders were done in about 7h30m.

The feed is now the finish, but yeah, I guess it was Ogwen earlier.

A couple of big names (Kim Collison and Marcus Scotney) dropped already.
    Geoff Clarke