Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon's Back Race 2021

Lots of road in the later section of today's route. I notice the guy in second, Russell Bentley, has a marathon time of 2h20m(!) according to his profile, be interesting to see if he gains back some time.
    Geoff Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by MarkL View Post
    It's not really a race, is it? It's an executive running holiday. It's an event which allows execs an opportunity to say "When I was on the Dragon's Back race" at dinner parties. The complete lack of vetting for the so-called toughest blah blah is a bit of an indicator - the entry requirement is that you are well-off/stupid enough to pay that much. It's obviously tough and there will be a high drop-out rate,but the number of drop-outs on day one is a testament to how stupid, vain, underprepared, unqualified many of the field are.
    The rest of the running community needs to gave Dragon's back name-droppers the kudos they deserve. For most of them little, if any.
    I was very surprised when I found that there were no prior experience requirements. You need far more experience to get an entry to the Edale Skyline FFS!

Ba ba is looking fine and relaxed. Bentley looked on a mission with quite a bit of road ahead of him!
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

I obviously put the kiss of death on him, now down as dnf. No idea but he will most likely be in the pub later......

Hoping it is an electronic glitch maybe, no tracking last section and mobile signal not good. Others down as dnf that we saw going fine just 5k from finish.
    Last edited by molehill; 09-09-2021 at 06:50 PM.

Possibly a timing fault, as the Day 4 results show no splits for him, but a finish time of 8hrs48. The other dnf's seem to show split times.

Back in rightful 4th place this morning!!

Going to be interesting day and a long hard one, think we could see more timed out, now they have been softened up by 4 days in the hills!
    A lot of very low cloud here, they will need to have their wits about them in the Beacons.
    Caught up with old friends on site last night and talked to plenty of runners, all of whom were loving the event and saying what a wonderful place Wales is for running, without the crowds of more popular areas of UK.

Quote Originally Posted by molehill View Post
    ....and saying what a wonderful place Wales is for running, without the crowds of more popular areas of UK.
    Ssssssssshhhhhhhhh
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Ssssssssshhhhhhhhh
    your're right...ssssshhhhhhh. Interestingly those I talked to said how much they had enjoyed reccing the course and was another a highlight of the whole thing, running and exploring new mountains, hills and areas.

[QUOTE=molehill;675587]... they will need to have their wits about them in the Beacons.

They'll also have to have their wits about them in Merthyr Tydfil tomorrow
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog