Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cross Country 2021-2022

I'll be there too Travs. Looking at improving a fair bit on the 1st one at Betley, after finding some form last week at the Staffs (also at Betley, albeit in rare muddy conditions).

Great to speak to you Gaz before and after.

Was a really stacked field today... i ran my best XC performance of the season so far, yet still finished 40 places down on the last league fixture. I believe that the Uni teams were using the fixture to select the lineups for the upcoming BUCS championship, so they were out in real force.

As to the race... 1 small lap and 3 big. At the start of the first big lap GazB was 10 yards in front and i considered tagging onto his shoulder and seeing how long i could stick on for... given that he finished 90secs in front, it was probably for the best i took the sensible decision to play it cool in the first half of the race.

Ramped it up from halfway, and a big final lap effort to catch and pass our 9th counter... unfortunately that left me struggling on the flat run-in, and i dropped around 4 places in the final 200mtrs, including falling back to 10th counter for Godiva...

Another mid-table club finish, look to be well clear of the relegation fight, and a long way off the top 5 or 6, sat in a little group with Worcester, City Of Stoke, and Wolves & Bilston.

On to the Midlands Champs in a fortnight.
    Peter Eccleston

Coventry Godiva Harriers