Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help!

I started sniffling a couple of days after the 3 Peaks and it has got progressively worse and now has an accompanying sore throat. My taste and smell are fine.

I went to Wales at the weekend and whilst there my 14 year old, who was still in Derbyshire, tested positive for Covid. It's rife at his school. I did a lateral flow test which was negative and yesterday on my return from Wales went to a testing site and had a PCR test.

I am expecting the result anytime now. Hopefully its negative and I'll be able to lead tonights RATRun.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    I started sniffling a couple of days after the 3 Peaks and it has got progressively worse and now has an accompanying sore throat. My taste and smell are fine.

I went to Wales at the weekend and whilst there my 14 year old, who was still in Derbyshire, tested positive for Covid. It's rife at his school. I did a lateral flow test which was negative and yesterday on my return from Wales went to a testing site and had a PCR test.

I am expecting the result anytime now. Hopefully its negative and I'll be able to lead tonights RATRun.
    There is some political concern that people are not taking up the Covid booster. Being as old as Methuselah I received my invitation today via t'internet, so I booked my jab.

If I had visited the nearest centre (as suggested by the NHS computer)my first opportunity would be mid-November.

So I looked at the second choice (further away) and I could have an appointment next week.

But the third choice (furthest away) offered me a slot within 48 hours.

So three weeks plus or 2 days? I thought the difference was interesting.
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 21-10-2021 at 02:31 PM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Being as old as Methuselah . . .
    969 years, for those who haven't got their Bible to hand. [Gen. 5:27]

What's another three weeks to wait, when you've been around that long?
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    969 years, for those who haven't got their Bible to hand. [Gen. 5:27]

What's another three weeks to wait, when you've been around that long?
    At my age Anthony, three weeks might be all I have left.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    Yes, I did one and it was negative.

I'm assuming you're fully vaccinated. So you're right, it's pretty unlikely, and it sounds like the cold that other people are having.

If you do take a test, just don't drink coke or fruit juice beforehand: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...d-test-results
    I've had both jabs, yes. I don't live with anyone and generally exist in a social vacuum discounting the fell scene. It's starting to feel like Tindersticks is my only friend!

I'm very much of the opinion that you need to personally risk assess your own situation. Someone with my cold symptoms who works in an office and has school age children would probably prefer to take a test. Unnecessarily inserting yourself into an already under-resourced and overcrowded testing system is a poor use of the resources on offer. People like to use the mantra 'it's not about you, it's about other people'; but it's worthwhile remembering that every time someone is peer pressured into a needless test, like i nearly was, a frontline care worker with a dire need to be sure waits a bit longer.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I sincerely hope not. This place would be a lot quieter, and less cultured, without you
    Omnes una manet nox.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Omnes una manet nox.
    Indeed so.