Thread: Walsh trainer Vs racer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Walsh trainer Vs racer

This has probably been covered elsewhere, but I've been using the elite trainer (the extreme, reinforced one) and it's almost perfect for me. Almost.

1. I find the heel a little loose, loose enough to think the shoe might get sucked off in a patch of bog
    2. Stack height (heel), bit wobbly? Not very forgiving of a misplaced foot placement. Feel more likely to turn an ankle.

The racer version looks like its a bit lower stack, slightly narrower fit. Has anyone used both, what (if any) are the differences?

Thanks!

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupi View Post
    This has probably been covered elsewhere, but I've been using the elite trainer (the extreme, reinforced one) and it's almost perfect for me. Almost.

1. I find the heel a little loose, loose enough to think the shoe might get sucked off in a patch of bog
    2. Stack height (heel), bit wobbly? Not very forgiving of a misplaced foot placement. Feel more likely to turn an ankle.

The racer version looks like its a bit lower stack, slightly narrower fit. Has anyone used both, what (if any) are the differences?

Thanks!
    I use both, and I generally buy a size that's rather tight; so I've never lost one in a bog, but my toes sometimes feel a bit uncomfortable when I first put them on! I've never felt that they are "wobbly" or that my ankle is in danger; I just find that they are a good fit to my feet (both the racer and the trainer).
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Only ever used the racer. Yes, i too find them more prone to an ankle roll, and they do get sucked off a bit. The racer is a critical shoe in my armoury, it does jobs inov8 don't have a shoe for.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Thanks, I think I'll keep using them (perhaps trying a racer when the time comes for a replacement), but use another shoe for racing when tired legs, bog etc. mean my usually clumsy clod foot fall deteriorates more than usual and means I need a more forgiving shoe...

Quote Originally Posted by Lupi View Post
    Thanks, I think I'll keep using them (perhaps trying a racer when the time comes for a replacement), but use another shoe for racing when tired legs, bog etc. mean my usually clumsy clod foot fall deteriorates more than usual and means I need a more forgiving shoe...
    Walshes are particularly good on grass, be it dry or soggy. I tend to favour a Mudclaw on loose, washed out, or very muddy chewed up stuff. The x-talon is most useful on rocks as far as i can tell, the studs tear through wet grass too easily for my money.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent