Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiss of life?

Odd bod from Wales, to the right of Atilla the Hun. Lovely!

Don't worry I'll NOT be getting my coat.

BTW Fellbeast, I also was interested in your run routes but didn't comment as they are a bit far away and thought that as I hadn't done them I was not in a position to comment.

Anyway, how's the knee and are you still running?
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfella View Post

Negative comments are often from a minority, it's just that the silent majority are just that, silent. The thread about bubbles in Silva compasses could lead you to believe that its a major problem but there are surely many more forumites with perfectly good compasses, I have 3 of them.
    More on compass bubbles :-

https://forum.fellrunner.org.uk/show...126#post676126

Not entirely negative as it has worked for me in the past and saved quiet a few quid.
    Last edited by JohnK; 29-10-2021 at 08:14 PM.
    The older I get the Faster I was

Leftie pinko from Yorkshire who may well be running with Llani soon. We are a broad church and I hope it stays that way. Its a great place to visit and has given me loads of laughs and a lot of information. Reminds me of loads of areas of Britain I have run/walked in and hope to return to. There have been a few tricky patches that probably put a few people off, but stick with it. I hope Brett can put up with us for a bit longer.
    And as for the FB page - I watch it, but it's so hard not to post comments just taking the piss. What Fell shoes - For me as a dry stone waller; it's got to be wellie's.

3 shoe posts on the Facebook page today alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    3 shoe posts on the Facebook page today alone.
    Hurrah. Tbf i would never have dared post such a stupid question on here. I would just carefuly read and research and then i would be all knowing about studs, heel rub and uppers and all that .....

And I love the pithy one liners.

They are the best bit.

To be fair, I did ask on here what was the best "all round" fell shoe, as I only wanted to start off with one pair. So I can understand some of the questions when people are starting off. (I bought a pair of mudclaws in case anyone was interested!)

But people asking which shoes will fit their abnormal-shaped heels/toes/etc... Or should they buy a size 9 or 9.5, or what shoe for the Snowdon Race with a 76% probability of drizzle on the way down...

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post

Anyway, how's the knee and are you still running?
    My knee, touch wood, is the best it’s been all year right now and I’m starting to be able to run quite well again. To be fair I completely f**ked my knee again at the end of June and my knee recovery went through a deja vu all over again recovery mission but I think I’ve got there. Taking it steadier this time round

This was me celebrating my first proper run up Penyghent at the beginning of this month

Last edited by Fellbeast; 30-10-2021 at 09:08 AM.

I'm not on Facebook but my son borrowed my phone to look at something on his account and since then I seem to be able to view it. Mostly I find it confusing - it's harder to follow particular threads and comments than it is on here and yes, I do find some of the posts 'surprising'. But what I have noticed looking at it this last week is that two significant bits of fell running news, one very sad, seem to have completely passed this forum by. I refer to the cancellation of the OMM and significantly to the death of a very well respected member of the fell running community to whom many of us owe a great deal. Maybe (like me) others didn't feel it appropriate for them to announce it on here, thinking perhaps a close friend or family member might instead. But I was surprised both things were on FB but not here. Perhaps that says a lot about the use the forum now gets.

Travs posted here on Thursday that the OMM had been cancelled.

As for announcing a bereavement, that is a difficult one. I can't see why people would want to announce one on Facebook. How very un-personal.

I'm not on Facebook either.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog