Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Champs races 2022

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    Thanks ba-ba. It's good to see we've got our collective fingers on the beating pulse of fell running news.

That sounds like a good selection. Buckden Pike is one of my favourite races.

So is LBS a medium next year? This year's event was described as:
    20 k - Description - This is an AL fell run on typical Westmorland terrain. Although it follows a quad track almost the entire route, it is rough under foot and expect some tough ascents and great descents.

LBS is described on their facebook event as a 20km race for next year. I believe the criteria for medium races is 10-20km.

21st May

I've just had a look at the Old Crown Round route and I'll definitively be giving it a recce.

It looks like there are plenty of opportunity's for poor route choices/nav cock-ups to me.
    Last edited by Llani Boy; 08-11-2021 at 08:28 PM.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    I've just had a look at the Old Crown Round route and I'll definitively be giving it a recce.

It looks like there are plenty of opportunity's for poor route choices/nav cock-ups to me.
    I was just looking at the route as well - it will be a long day out for some, especially if the clag is down.

I'm happy to give my opinions on the route options, having ran it this summer.

via pm though... I don't want all 8000 FRA members reading this and then beating me next July.

Also happy to meet any forumites for a recce next year...

Thanks for that offer Trav's.

I'll bear it in mind next spring but you'll have to be prepared knock off your usual pace a bit, or perhaps a lot!

Well I went round in just under 4-45... So I'd imagine recce pace is easily 6-7hrs for the full route.

Its a big day out!

Races and dates now confirmed on the fellrunner site: https://www.fellrunner.org.uk/

Bradwell, Lower Borrowdale, and the two longs for me.

Might think about doing Guisborough as an "insurance policy", but i had been planning to do the Y3P that day instead.

I was going to have another crack at the Y3P next year too. Think I'll stick to my plan.
    The last two Champs races of the season are usually the best for picking up points anyway. The entries seem to shrink through the year as people get injured or lose interest if they're out of contention.

I'm waiting for the WFRA Champs races to be announced, before I decide which to do, and hoping that there are not too many clashes!