Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Champs races 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    I'm waiting for the WFRA Champs races to be announced, before I decide which to do, and hoping that there are not too many clashes!
    WFRA champs are usually pretty good. Generally get one of the big classic long races in there... Peris, Welsh1000, Black Mtns.

It's also usually possible to do the WFRA, North Wales and South Wales champs across a season as well. This had been my plan for 2020 until covid threw a spanner in the works.

2022 though i'll be targeting Eng Champs and trying to achieve a few vet40 points.

I'm going to try to do five, excluding Old Crown Round. That way I might actually manage four counters.

V45 for me. I'm just looking at this year's results and thinking where could I have finished. I think some training might be in order...

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    I'm going to try to do five, excluding Old Crown Round. That way I might actually manage four counters.

V45 for me. I'm just looking at this year's results and thinking where could I have finished. I think some training might be in order...

I was measuring my results this year (as a 39 year old), against the v40's, and in the couple of champs races i did, i was 2 or 3 places outside the 40th v40 (usually about 90secs behind) which suggests i'm close to scoring points.

With the exception of South Mynd Tour where i'd have been well in the v40 points, and indeed even scored senior points that day. Admittedly i knew the course better than most, so was at a huge advantage that day.
    Last edited by Travs; 10-11-2021 at 03:45 PM.

British Champs 2022

9th April, Seven Sevens, N.Ire (long)
    18th June, Buckden Pike (short)
    2nd July, Durisdeer, Scot (med)
    17th September, Black Mtns (long)

Pre-entry for Guisborough is open today:
    https://www.sientries.co.uk/event.ph...&event_id=9453

206 entries so far.

Good luck Noel.... i'll be doing the next medium at Tebay/Borrowdale.

Any FRA members who were too late to take up one of the 280 entries for the Guisborough 3 Tops allocated so far and who were inadvertently placed on a waiting list should set their alarms for 10am next Thursday 24th February when entries will reopen for the remaining 120 places. To be clear the waiting list will not apply until all 400 places are taken up.
    https://www.sientries.co.uk/event.ph...&event_id=9453
    Charmian Heaton

Entries for Bucken Pike (English and British Championship) are now open. There is a limit of 400 for both the womens' and mens' races.
    Entries for Lower Borrowdale Skyline (English Championship) are now open for those on the Guaranteed Entry List. Entries for FRA members open 10:00 on Tuesday 8th March. General entries open 10:00 on Tuesday 15th March.
    Charmian Heaton

Thanks Charmian. Mrs noel and I are in.

Entered the Lower Borrowdale Skyline this morning. 200-odd entries gone already.

Spotted one or two forumites on the entry list.