Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Champs races 2022

Cheers Travs. Great run from you. I worked my way up to you by the foot of the last big climb, but that steep long effort cooked me, so I was treading water from then on. Agreed it was a great course, constantly up and down, with the only downside the horrendous start, which cost me a lot of time in the 1st half mile. Good call to have the start way back in the far corner of the field. I was 11th M50 and I think our DP M50 team were 2nd to a dominant CV.

Nice to finally meet you, Travs, after so many forum conversations.

I agree with what others have said - this is a cracker of a race. It probably suited my strengths in that there was a lot of running on it, and I managed to gain a few places on the final climb after not taking the best line off the long descent to the river.

I think I was 13th V45, which is an improvement from Guisborough.

The ladies race looked interesting, looking at the splits. I would have liked to have seen Nicola Jackson's final descent!

Noel i was in two minds whether to try and stick with you or not... but you were gradually pulling away on the flats and downs, and obviously as strong, if not better, on the climbs as well... your split up the final climb was a minute quicker than mine, although that included the long descent to the river as well.

If i'd been gaining on the climbs then i might have chanced it, but i'd have blown up by halfway trying to match you on saturday.

Nicola Jackson's descent was 3:04 and 6thfastest of the day.
    Lamby quickest in 2:59
    I was =11th in 3:09 and wasn't full bore but wasn't hanging around.

Impressive!
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Well done to Ross Jenkin for his first foray into race organisation and a baptism of fire with a new Champs race in a new area - no pressure! Ross spread himself a bit thin and could have used more help on the day and I was pleased to stand at the finish reminding everyone to dib in the heat of the moment. The women's race was particularly exciting with the first three in the finish funnel at the same time. The MV was also a nail biter with Rob Jebb nearly getting baulked by a 10k finisher with Matt Roberts and Karl Gray bearing down on him.
    Nice to chat to Travs (and his dad), Noel and Tindersticks. Well run all :-)
    Charmian Heaton

Old Crown Round entries open now to FRA members.

Excellent race.

Did anyone do the champs race at Buckden today....?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Did anyone do the champs race at Buckden today....?
    Yes around 250 did the race with Finlay Wild breaking the record followed by Daniel Haworth and in third place was Matthew Elkington from Ambleside AC :-

https://www.barlickfellrunners.org.uk/

It`s a sad reflection on the current state of the forum that there is no apparent real interest in posting and reporting on what would appear to have been a cracking event.

But hey someone may comment on here as an afterthought
    The older I get the Faster I was

To be fair this thread has been fairly active around the champs races. After all its on page 7! But this particular race doesn't seem to have attracted many forumites... certainly I'm banking on the Bradwell race for my short race.

I notice DanGilbert was well in the points again though.

[QUOTE=Travs;679420 doesn't seem to have attracted many forumites... certainly I'm banking on the Bradwell race for my short race.

/QUOTE]

I've now entered Bradwell too Travs. You can report on the sharp end and I'll report on the blunt end!

I've seen some photographs of today's Buckden Pike Race and there seemed to be an almighty bottle neck on the way to the first stream crossing. Hopefully Bradwell will have a bit more room at the start but I wouldn't bank on it.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog