Thread: Hannah Horsburgh

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill

Hannah Horsburgh

Interesting interview with the British Women's Champion here: https://www.inov-8.com/hannah-horsbu...pVBywJMHdpuQHg
    What particularly struck me was how her attitude to training was the same as mine (in my younger days when I was more competitive). In the section of the interview under the heading "You mention you run after work . . .", every word of the first, second and fourth paragraphs could have been written by me, except for the bit about not using social media. Which I suppose raises the question, why was I never a British champion?
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

I did mention on a Facebook thread a while back... It would be really interesting to see how she would fare in the National XC.

Interesting. She's certainly had a brilliant year.

Whenever I read one of these interviews with the stars of fellrunning, it reinforces my belief that success stems from talent [times by] training.

However, the idiotic part of my brain can't help but focus on those more peripheral facts. So instead of thinking "Hannah's weekly mileage sounds a lot higher than mine". I think "maybe I should start mucking out horses!"

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    Interesting. She's certainly had a brilliant year.

Whenever I read one of these interviews with the stars of fellrunning, it reinforces my belief that success stems from talent [times by] training.

However, the idiotic part of my brain can't help but focus on those more peripheral facts. So instead of thinking "Hannah's weekly mileage sounds a lot higher than mine". I think "maybe I should start mucking out horses!"
    Noel

I recommend Bounce by Matthew Syed.

It is the best book I have ever read on what makes a champion. And it hasn't much to do with God.

Graham
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

good read that, enjoyed it. thanks for sharing.

i was marshaling at the top of the hill at aldermans and couldnt believe how fast she was in that heat. Miles ahead of the rest of the field. really incredible athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    I thought the same