Thread: Brett

Brett

So, it has finally come to pass. Our beloved webmaster and Keeper of The Forum Flame has finally passed on the baton. FRA has a new webmaster and a forum refresh is in the offing.

Brett, this is the only forum that I consistently use. Over last 15 something years it has brought me information, news, kinship and entertainment. It has served me as an active racer, a social runner and occasional race organiser. I salute you and your forbearance for what must have been, at times, a trying and consuming activity.

Thank you for all you have given. Perhaps this thread may serve as a place for others to offer their thanks and perhaps for you to air your thoughts on what it has been like!

All the very best to you for whatever you do nest.

So long and thanks for all the fish!

Cheers, Simon Blease
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Ditto for me.
    I'm not really much of a user of social media of any sort, but for a similar length of time as you Simon I have enjoyed reading and using this forum.
    And Brett is a one-of-a-kind star!
    "And the winds blow and the sky looks cool / So I make my home in the clouds"

Done a great job for many years and things used to be pretty lively on here a while back, any problems and Brett fixed them 🍻.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    I've only been here for around 7 years, and it's the only forum I feel that I want to visit every day. There have been glitches and cyber-attacks, but Brett has calmly dealt with everything that has come his way.

Thanks a lot, Brett.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Thank you Brett, and hopefully see you at the Haworth Hobble in years to come!

I do use other forums (as the "kiss of life" thread reveals, actual forums are a dying breed)..... but this is the only one i actively and regularly contribute to.

My thanks also Brett. For the short time I have been on here I hope I have not caused you too much grief!

Like others this is the only forum I am on so hopefully its replacement is not too different, otherwise I shan't be on any!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Master
    Yep thanks Brett and Son (I know you have had a little help in the past) enjoy your quality time.
    The older I get the Faster I was

Well said Wheeze.
    Grand job Brett. More time for the hills now - enjoy!

Thanks for all the good times, Brett.